Complaint Review: CIC

• Updated: Sun, February 12, 2012

• Reported By: Amy — Pacific Grove California United States of America
CIC
P.O. Box 1909 Orange, California United States of America

CIC Experian Took my money after my boyfriend ordered HIS credit report Orange, California

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Comment: DUH ??????

*Consumer Comment: Open your eyes

This morning I noticed several charges to my bank card from Experian.  I called the bank immediately to see what was up.

They told me the charges came from 1-800-220-2626 and the bank card information had been keyed in manually (card was not swiped).  I start researching the company and I find out it's Experian/CIC.

This week my boyfriend ordered his credit report directly from Experian.  His card was charged accordingly based on what he ordered.

My card information was never given to CIC or Experian, nor have I ever ordered anything from them, except my free credit report through annualcreditreport.com last year (NOT freecreditreport.com).  We have no idea how they got my card #.

I filed a fraud report and the bank is investigating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2012 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC/Orange-California-/CIC-Experian-Took-my-money-after-my-boyfriend-ordered-HIS-credit-report-Orange-Californi-837933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

We have no idea how they got my card #.
- Your kidding right?

Hmmmm just how could that have happened?  Did it ever occur to you that maybe your "boyfriend" used your card instead?  Or do you really think that Experian has nothing better to do than to charge random credit card numbers and just by coincidence it happened at the same time your "boyfriend" signed up?

Here is a way you may be able to have some fun.   Ask your "boyfriend" to show you his statement that shows he actually used his card.

DUH ??????

AUTHOR: Golfer - (United States of America)

Boyfriend indeed.

Open your eyes

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Your boyfriend used your card.