Complaint Review: CIC*TRIPLE ADVANTAGE Experian

• Submitted: Fri, May 21, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 21, 2010

• Reported By: APR — Hyde Park Massachusetts United States of America
P.O. Box 19729, Irvine CA 92623 Irvine, California United States of America

In August 2008, I requested a free credit report from Experian, one of the three major credit agencies in the U.S.

In January 2010,  I finally followed up on an unfamiliar $14.95 charge, under the vendor name INFO.EXPERIANDIRECT.IRVINE, that had been appearing on my monthly statements since September 2008.

The connection between the "free" credit report and the unauthorized monthly charges was patent.

I called Experian Consumer Direct.  The rep said I had a subscription for a monthly credit report.  I told him that the subscription was unauthorized and, furthermore, that I had not received any reports.

He could cancel the subscription for me, which he did, but he could not authorize a refund.  I spoke to his supervisor.  Same story.  I was instructed to write to the Consumer Relations Group in Irvine CA and provide documentation for a refund.  They said that no phone number was available.

I wrote to them in March, 2010, with all required documentsr.  Now it is June and still no response.  Today I have filed a complaint with the Mayor's (of Boston) Office for Consumer Affairs, and I await the outcome.

It would be naive to be surprised, but it is frightening to realize that this credit company, which has a stranglehold on our credit, is itself a sleazy operation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2010 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CICTRIPLE-ADVANTAGE-Experian/Irvine-California-/CICTRIPLE-ADVANTAGE-Experian-Experian-Consumer-Direct-FREE-ANNUAL-REPORT-MORPHS-INTO-UN-605786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC*TRIPLE ADVANTAGE Experian