Complaint Review: cinaplay

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: grmrsan — visalia California
Internet USA

cinaplay Free account is a scam online Internet

I was looking for a popular TV show and was directed to the cineplay site. I signed up for a free account, and they asked for my cc. I googled them for scams but found that Cineplay was pretry trustworthy. Unfortunately, I had been redirected to CinAplay which was a completely different entity, but didn't realize it. So I gave my info for the "free" account membership and was taken to a site that gives me the "option" of signing of for a 5 day trial of the premium membership, and not letting you chpose to opt out.

I instead closed out the window to avoid it. Anf yhen received an email stating that I had signed up for the free trial and was going to be charged almost $50! Seeiously pissed, I went back to cancel, only to find a 99 cent "conveiniance fee" to cancel online. So now I'm pretty furious.  I call the number to cancel by phone, the supposedly free option, and explained that I did not want the 5 day trial, I wanted the free account that was advertised. She informed me that there was NO SUCH OPTION! The "free" membeeship is a complete fabrication to trick you into the 5 day trial for the premium fee!

To top it off, the show I was signing on to see wasn't even there!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cinaplay/internet/cinaplay-Free-account-is-a-scam-online-Internet-1146960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cinaplay