Complaint Review: Circle K

• Submitted: Sat, October 06, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 06, 2012

• Reported By: Mrs. Wes B. — St Johns Arizona U.S.A.
Circle K
61 Commercial St Saitn Johns, Arizona United States of America

Circle K rhonda McCarthy, Circle K convenience Stores Refuses to Hire Man because he is gay! Saitn Johns, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: He's a crybaby

*Consumer Comment: Thank you for your report....

I was in line at Circle K 61 Commercial St   Saint Johns, AZ  85936, A man who looked to be in his 30's was asking the Manager Rhonda McCarthy for a job application. I was shocked when Rhonda told this young man that she would not hire him because he is Gay and she has met her gay quota. After paying for my items I walked towards my car when I saw this same young man in his car crying.

I went up to him and asked if he was OK, he just shook his head. I told him I heard what had happen inside the store and felt it was very wrong. This young man told me he has been trying to get a job at this circle K because he lives so close but the manager Rhonda always harasses him for being gay. I asked if he ever contacted the labor board, he said yes but there are no laws in Arizona protecting Gays from not being employed due to there sexuality.

I went home and looked up the laws and it is true, there are no protection laws for gays in Arizona.  I have decided to write this report as I feel like I just need to do something for this young Defenseless  Man. I am a married Women with Children and if any of my kids grew up to be gay and this was the way they where treated, It would kill me! Please help me to stop this from happening. Boycott all Circle K stores every where. Thank you!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2012 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circle-K/Saitn-Johns-Arizona-85936/Circle-K-rhonda-McCarthy-Circle-K-convenience-Stores-Refuses-to-Hire-Man-because-he-is-g-951753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circle K

He's a crybaby

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

He's a crybaby which is another good reason not to hire him. You have not inspired me to boycott Circle K.

Thank you for your report....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I have added Circle K to the list of places I WILL definitely patronize.