Complaint Review: circuit city

• Updated: Thu, September 29, 2011

• Reported By: Janet — Timmonsville South Carolina United States of America
circuit city
29501, South Carolina United States of America

circuit city insurance protection of circuit city account in case of job loss,etc 29501, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: What does your agreement/contract say?

Is there a class action suit for Circuit City concerning the insurance purchased to pay account in case of job loss, sickness,etc?

I had a circuit city credit card backed by Chase Bank and I purchased the insurance to pay and protect this account in case I lost my job, got sick could not work,etc.

I was charged every month for this insurance protection on my statement.

I was laid off from my job and proceeded to do what I needed to get the insurance to pay.

The account had to be 30 days past due and then the form stated it would take another 15 days or more this made any payment 45 days or more past due. which caused Chase to charge me late fees,etc

When I lost my job I owed $1,100.00. After the insurance finally paid what they were going to pay before they informed me they were paying no more, which was a total of $1,000.00, Chase had ran the account up to over $300.00

I feel I was frauded

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/circuit-city/29501-South-Carolina-29501/circuit-city-insurance-protection-of-circuit-city-account-in-case-of-job-lossetc-29501-782903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on circuit city

What does your agreement/contract say?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Is there a deductible?  Do they exclude penalties and interest?  Is there a maximum amount paid on a claim?

You need to read your agreement/contract to see if there was a Ripoff.

If there was, file a complaint with your appropriate state agency and the BBB.

If they followed the contract, get over it.

Sorry about your job loss.

flash