Complaint Review: circuit city

• Submitted: Tue, July 18, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, July 18, 2000

• Reported By:westport ct
circuit city
9950 mayland dr. richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

CIRCUIT CITY HOAXES AND FRAUDS

Fraud,decient,liers... I could write a book here but got to keep it short. I bought a laptop computer from Circuit City and bought the 'extended service plan'.When it developed problems I submitted it for service.I got it back the same day.The service report consisted of lies.(besided it never went anywhere to be serviced to begin with !!!).In follow-up complaints I have till now recieved 5 different excuses.NO--THESE ARE NOT PROBLEMS WITH REPAIR BUT EXCUSES WHY MY WARRANTY IS VOID. When Circuit City started getting legal inquiries they notices 4 excuses were not in the legal contract. NEXT? I get a call from somebody I could hardly make out phone number on answering machine.I return call.I meet a nasty person drilling me questions that I honestly could not understand.WHY.The person was speaking very bad english if any.I ended up hanging up.SORRY==BUT NASTY PERSON AND I LITERALLY COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE. O--this person has a nice english user-name of Bill Cunningham. THIS PERSON WRITES OUT A REPORT OF FICTION WHERE I'M ADMITTING 'WARRANTY VOIDERS'.NOW WHEN EVER THERES ANOTHER INQUIRY TO THEM FROM A GOVERNMENT AGENCY IS JUST CC: CC: SO--PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF AS TO THIS COMPANY !!!!!!! The internet is filled with stories of getting ripped off by Circuit City for microwaves and toasters,etc. but a laptop computer? You feel sorry for me? http://tonopah.bizland.com/index.html .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/circuit-city/richmond-Virginia-23233/CIRCUIT-CITY-HOAXES-AND-FRAUDS-2688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on circuit city