Complaint Review: citi bank

• Submitted: Tue, September 10, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, September 10, 2002

• Reported By:jamaica ny
citi bank
169 st. jamaica queens QUEENS, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Citi Bank STEALING FROM THE INNOCENT UNDER TIGHT SECURITY QUEENS NEW YORK

In Dec. 2000 I went to citi bank to merged two accounts together and make a deposit of 7 to 9,000 dollors. I waited for three hrs. and i kept seeing people came after me and got service and left. i made a complain to customer why my name is being push back and people came hrs after me and left. she report to the manger and said the the next avaible rep. will see me.

I went to the next avaible rep. First she told me you been waited very long and she only work on saturday. she took all my info which i had two cds deposit certificate and my renewal letters. i gave her the money also , she said she will closed both accounts and open a new one,and then she made out a withdrawal slip and give me to sign for i think was about 5,000 dollors which she said i have to do to close one account. i sign as she said , but did not make a redeposit slip to sign , i thought the money will go in automatically as the cash i gave to her.

since i was very upset already standing so long waiting, so i was going to closed the account, but she said that the intrest will not be in the account until monday and i will have to go back. so i just merge the two account and deposit the cash.

i did not ask any question . i had just wanted to get out of there. the lady tool all my info and did not gave me back anything on the new certificate of deposit which did not look right I though when i received the next renewal letter i will see the different. but it remain the same . i was sick or a couple months and i was away for a while so i did not get back to it until now. i do not have any info to go on except one account on a w2 form for tax perposes. this money was for my son collage fund. and at that time i open the account i was a single mother working 65 to 70 hrs a week to save the money for my son.

i visit the bank and told they only have 3 months record. i wrote a letter and no respond. they have camera so i am sure they could play back and see what happen and i call main office and they still have info on old info in the account. please help get back what is rightfuly mine.

ramadai
queens, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2002 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/citi-bank/QUEENS-New-York-11432/Citi-Bank-STEALING-FROM-THE-INNOCENT-UNDER-TIGHT-SECURITY-QUEENS-NEW-YORK-29586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on citi bank