Complaint Review: Citi Cards

• Updated: Sat, September 01, 2012

• Reported By: CynCyn — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Citi Cards
P.O. Box 6500 Sioux Falls, South Dakota United States of America

Citi Cards Citibank Coercion, Breach of Contract, False advertising, lure with false promises, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Laid off in 2008.  Contacted Citi to close account in 2009 and set up payment agreements, completed agreement without missing any payments.  Citibank flooded me with mail offers to reopen credit card which I declined  many times.  Eventually I called to inquire about offer.  Told what I had to do and I did it.  Citibank refused to reopen account or allow another payment arrangement.  It was a trick seemingly designed to make me default and stay off payment agreement.  They wanted me to pay full amount which I could not, denied payment agreement, then they sued me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2012 02:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Cards/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57115/Citi-Cards-Citibank-Coercion-Breach-of-Contract-False-advertising-lure-with-false-promi-935648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Cards