Complaint Review: Citi Financial Is A Scam

Acworth, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Citi Financial Is A Scam They kept me at their location for 6 hours- cost me a $5,500 and tried to scam me some more. Acworth Georgia

*Author of original report: Citifinancial fixed my issue please read- these guys are classy!

*Consumer Comment: Wow Manny left without his pom-poms

*Author of original report: response to Have fun!

*Author of original report: CitiFinancial is a scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry my mistake

*Consumer Comment: Have fun!

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't give up

*Author of original report: responding to the guy from Buffalo

*Author of original report: Citifinancial scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Useless warfare

*Author of original report: wow John- your in on the scam huh?

*Consumer Comment: You easily could have left.

*UPDATE Employee: Citifinancial Policies

This company said my loan was ready to go as I had a loan already with them. They kept offering me more money because I was such a good customer. I said I needed to be in and out as I have appointments later in the day.
They kept me in their office for 6 and half hours requiring paperwork. The whole time I was there they said it would be 20 more minutes. They said the first loan was done in error and they needed more tax info. I had to contact my accountant and wait for them to fax over several years worth.

Meanwhile waiting for them to hurry the hell up, I was being told by several reps that I had to have this insurance. Just had to have it- and then I could cancel it tommorow- they told me this both times I was up there. They were saying that it would help them make commissions and If I just sign up for it and cancel it tommorow then they would get paid for that.
I dont appreciate the scam they are running and I dont appreciate being bombarded about insurance when coming to get a loan.

At the end of the day- these people said the loan was turned down- AFTER ALREADY TELLING ME BEFORE I CAME THERE THAT IT WAS APPROVED. While I was there they were telling me that they just needed some more documents and the loan would be complete. That is when they came out and said that they made mistakes on the first loan and it was done in error.

Well while being up there- I lost my appointment and Citi Financial cost me a $5,500 sale. That would have been in my pocket the following week. So ya know what Citi Financial- as I see it, you owe the difference between $5,500 and the outstanding balance from my old loan.

I am filing every type of complaint I can. Please stay away from this company.

Citi financial is a scam
canton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2008 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Financial-Is-A-Scam/Acworth-Georgia-30102/Citi-Financial-Is-A-Scam-They-kept-me-at-their-location-for-6-hours-cost-me-a-5500-and-325270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Financial Is A Scam

Citifinancial fixed my issue please read- these guys are classy!

AUTHOR: Citi financial is a scam - (U.S.A.)

I recieved a call this morning and everything was handled. This company is a class act. They deserve to be praised for the handling of my issue.
They came off in the beginning as unhelpful, but they certainly took care of my concern. Thanks to this site for trying to help and allowing me to post my complaint...but extra thanks for Citifinancial for being so classy. If anyone has an issue with them, its all about getting the right person on the phone. If you are talking to someone in a bad mood...well then your probably not in a good position. Explain your positition to a helpful person and if they are in the wrong- THEY WILL FIX IT- They are full of class and I will always use this company.

Wow Manny left without his pom-poms

AUTHOR: Faron - (U.S.A.)

On another thread he claimed how upstanding Citi Fihancial is and I told him that was crap. I saw his one post and that was it. I guess his pom poms don't work so good here, either.

response to Have fun!

AUTHOR: Citi Financial Is A Scam - (U.S.A.)

well I appreciate you taking the time read this first of all. I apprecaite the advice and what you believe in.
I do want to express to you that I am not seeking the 3k to be erased soley for the fact that they kept me there- I want it erased for many issues. That is a good one though-
These people all triple teamed me on how important this insurance was and that I could cancel it. I leaked this info to Citi Financial. I saved them money on paying out people that are screwing them over. Risking harm to myself as people could get fired over this. That in itself is priceless!
They abused the time of my accountant...all day long. Nothing she sent was good enough even after the fact that they said everything was done and the check was ready. The only one that was looking over this info was the branch manager which in reality- probably didnt know what all was happening in her own branch! thats like Hillary not knowing Bill was getting laid behind her back. You should pay more attention to how your office is being run. So my accountant charged me $135 for the days activities, I was kept being told to just get this one more piece of paperwork and i will be good to go, i ran out and got some lunch next door-came back- still wasnt done. I was already "pot commited" as they say. Once you get to a certain point, you feel that you dont want your time wasted and well...you end up staying. Definetly not the greatest move but I trusted them.
I can go on forever as you can see. I just feel that they should take responsibilty- especially after they admitted they were 100% wrong in the situation...i mean come on- thanks again folks- you have been very nice to me about this. I didnt mean to accuse you of being employees. but some of the posts look like they are flat out sticking up for this crap company.
thanks again.

CitiFinancial is a scam

AUTHOR: Citi Financial Is A Scam - (U.S.A.)

Cat- I am not sure why you are bringing up faxes? THEY TOLD ME ON THE PHONE and I asked them 3 times, that everything was done and taken care of...all they needed was a signature. The only reason they were telling me to keep getting things faxed is because they were trying to hoax me into the insurance scam they are running. Its all part of their unethical business practices. And it will be exposed.
Bottom line. Taking zero responsibility is the correct route.
Its not going to ruin my credit because it is not my loan anymore- CF committed fraud and the loan will go non-existant. I will show others on here how to get their loan zero'ed out if CF does anything unethical to you as well. So post your issue on here and I will get in touch with you.

Dont be scammed and or taken advantage by these dirtbags. Be careful!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry my mistake

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

Confused this with another post. I am sorry I messed up. This company is pretty much scum, though next time leave. You still had a choice in that. Good luck. I am interested in how it turns out.

Cat

Have fun!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""responding to the guy from Buffalo
well I happen to know you are wrong and they are responsible.
You have to look at each issue. Doesnt matter what you would buy and wouldnt buy from. Doesnt matter what hair color anyone has. It doesnt matter that I may or may have gotten the sale.""

It DOES matter because you are claiming the owe you $5500 for a missed sale and therefore want the loan credited with the $5500 you feel they owe you. It's a tuff cookie to prove should this matter end up in court-they're not going to credit you for this missed sale without a court ordering them to. I was making a point as to how difficult it would be in court to PROVE that you're out $5500 because they "kept" you for 6 hours.

""The car loan we have is seperate and will be paid on time. I will refinance with another company though.""

Hopefully you'll be able to refinance at a decent interest rate. If you're not paying on the loan you want "cleared in a week" they will most likely report the delinquency causing your credit score to go down, which in turn will reduce the likelyhood of you refinancing the auto loan at a decent interest rate.

""Why do you folks not log in as employees?""

Because I'm not an employee. I am a self-employed computer consultant sitting here babysitting my servers. I also assist folks with credit issues through my sister's church.

Have fun!

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Don't give up

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

You need to contiune paying. Letting your anger get in the way is not gonna do it. No one forced you to stay. It takes a while to get things faxed, life happens and it is not all roses. However, if you stop paying it will damage your credit history and your house will be in jeporady. I see enough of these every month. I'd hate to see it happen to you. Thr ball is in your court.

Cat

responding to the guy from Buffalo

AUTHOR: Citi Financial Is A Scam - (U.S.A.)

well I happen to know you are wrong and they are responsible.
The bottom line is taking responsibility and there is no way that Citifinancial will get away with this without taking theirs.
Wait until you see this on the news. Its good to have friends in the media. As I stated before- you never know when that person you are scamming and hurting is actually a somebody.
say what you want negative folks. This will get taken care of before too long.
Why do you folks not log in as employees? it would take a rare individual or a real bored one to go around the internet on a sunday and look for sides to pick in peoples issues. At least have the decency to look on the other side of your scam operation.
your not an insurance company, you are a loan company. Stop pushing that crap on people. And please stop telling folks to cancel it the next day so that you can get a lousy $150 commission. get a life.

Citifinancial scam

AUTHOR: Citi Financial Is A Scam - (U.S.A.)

John you are an employee and your logging in as a consumer?
The gig is up and one day you folks that work at citifinancial will not be able to scam folks and waste their time.
I never gave up a sale. what are you talking about? Why dont you read everything that I type and not get so caught up in your anger towards folks that get ripped off by CF.
I would respect your answer much more if you at least signed in as the employee that you are and not a consumer just bored out of his mind on a Sunday- come on.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Useless warfare

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""Bottom line- I will not stop filing, complaining and posting until my original loan is cleared. I want a zero balance sometime this week. So please really concentrate on the issue at hand now- I have wasted 3 months on this and I have better things to do.

It's not gonna happen that way. They'll claim everything was an honest mistake. You had more patience then I have - I'd have left after 15 minutes. This "mistake" has no bearing on your previous, binding and legal, loan contract with them.

Working in sales is a tough road. Even if you had left, there's no guarantee you would have made that $5500 sale. Customers are fickle-I might not close the deal with you but close it with an associate only because I didn't like the color of your hair. That's the way it is when you're in sales. So, you're certainly not going to be compensated for this "missed sale."

""I am looking for a company to replace my car loan with Citi Financial now. If this is not fixed, I do not want any business with you guys and will make sure that everyone I come across knows what they did to my family.""

And this is your useless warfare. You have a loan contract with them, you're not making payments for a perceived slight and you're looking to refinance the loan. What do you think is happening to your credit score in the mean time? As your loan goes more delinquent, your credit score goes further down and the interest rates some lender MIGHT grant you go up.

You're not winning this one, and I don't think your helping yourself if you're not keeping your loan payments current.

yeah blame the consumre for a company that is scamming folks. Your a class act.
yeah I gave away a sale. You are definetly drinking the cool-aid that Citi Financial has served you. Why dont you find a company to work for that doesn't try to scam people and or waste their time? They are so unorganized that they write up loans wrong and give out false info.

wise up John.

You easily could have left.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

"I appreciate your response to a point. You did not even acknowledge the fact that the 6 hours that I spent up there cost me a $5,500 sale that went to a different associate in my office."

You clearly didn't care enough about it or you would have left regardless. No one made you stay there. It was your choice. You apparently 'had to have' what they were offering or it wouldn't have become a priority over the alleged sale that you decided to give away.

#16 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Citi Financial Is A Scam - (U.S.A.)

I appreciate your response to a point. You did not even acknowledge the fact that the 6 hours that I spent up there cost me a $5,500 sale that went to a different associate in my office. The unethical business practices of Citi Financial cost me a $5,500 sale, kept me up there for 6 hours (which I should not have stuck around that long, but when you have people telling you 20 more minutes and telling you they are almost done and you have to go out of town the next day and they just need some more paperwork every 20 minutes and then they are talking to you about this insurance crap the whole time you are there to distract you), so I stayed no realizing the length of time it was.
Why did you not recognize what had really happened instead of make excuses?

Citi Financial did an investigation. I filed a fraud claim but they said it wasnt fraud. I told them that I AM NOT paying the balance of $3K because of what they did. Trying to scam me, lying about paperwork being ready, keeping me up there for 6 hours, costing me $5,500 and a possible assocaite bonus for making such a great sale at work. It hurt, it hurt bad- and all I recieved was an apology from the area manager. THATS IT! I said to him that I do not want another bill from you guys pertaining to my original loan after what has happened or I will go to the news, the attorny general, BBB, FTC and anywhere else I can let me claim be heard.
He said that even though they screwed this up and handled this totally wrong, all I would get was an apology. THAT IS INSANE.

And unfortunetly for Citi Financial, they scammed and screwed the wrong guy. You never know who is a somebody folks.
The weird thing to me is, I did not have to tell their corporate office that these types of in-house commission scams are happening. I could have kept it to myself. I risked having some angry husband or lady getting in trouble for telling your corporate office what is going on with the commission scam and having my address!!! do you realize that some people would probably want to harm me for that? I had to file a police report in case someone came knocking on my door.

Why did I not get thanked for telling them how exactly that scam worked? I will tell you why- I believe that most managers are in on it. I believe the turn over ratio is huge and that will keep some folks around if they can sell the insurance and make some small commission.

Bottom line- I will not stop filing, complaining and posting until my original loan is cleared. I want a zero balance sometime this week. So please really concentrate on the issue at hand now- I have wasted 3 months on this and I have better things to do. I am looking for a company to replace my car loan with Citi Financial now. If this is not fixed, I do not want any business with you guys and will make sure that everyone I come across knows what they did to my family.

#17 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#18 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#19 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Citifinancial Policies

AUTHOR: Manny - (U.S.A.)

I am truly sorry that you seem to have experienced some improper behavior by my fellow employees. If this is truly what happened, find out who their District Manager is and let him know what has happened. You can ask any other Citifinancial office in your general vicinity.

The first part of your problem seems merely human error. They were unaware of the status of your (income, employment, etc.) and made an innocent mistake based on the assumption that your previous application was filled out correctly. You are probably self employed or considered so. If this is the case, we always require 2 years tax returns for proof of income. If on the other hand you earn commissions, bonuses or anything outside of your base pay that we would need to qualify you for the required debt to income ratio, we would also need tax returns. There is no way around this and unfortunately sometimes this situation is not discovered until the customer is in the office and ready to close. Once we obtain the necessary proof, it may not provide prove sufficient income. Please understand, we are in the business of making loans and we wish to make them, but as with all lending institutions we have underwriting guidelines that we must follow.

However, it is completely against our company policy to fail to ensure that you understand that our optional products are 100% optional and that your selection of those products has no bearing on our decision to approve a loan. It is flat out unethical and against company policy for any of us to suggest that you choose any of our optional products and then cancel them later in order to improve one's bonus. The District Manager should be very interested in hearing about this practice occurring in one of his branches.

I hope that this information helps and I hope that you give our company another chance to meet your needs in the future.