Complaint Review: Citi Mastercard, Citibank

• Updated: Tue, September 08, 2009

• Reported By: Anonymous — Sycamore USA
Citi Mastercard, Citibank
701 E. 60th St. N., Sioux Falls, South Dakota United States of America

Citi Mastercard, Citibank Citibank Canceled my account Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Well, like many of you trying to rebuild credit I find it frustrating and disappointing that while trying to repair what I have done. A company to which I had good standings closes my account. That company Citibank out of Sioux Falls South Dakota found in their judgment to without warning stop my progress to better credit.. In the thoughtful letter they sent they stated the following reasons why they closed my account. Serious Delinquency, my fault. Amount owed to delinquent accounts my fault again, Ratio of revolving credit balances to credit limits too high, THEIR fault they reduced my credit from $4400 to $2100 and I have a balance of $1800. That is the ratio not my fault. Insufficient length of credit history, both our faults. Mine for closing or losing control and having bad credit and then Citi's fault for closing this account. How are you to establish a lengthy history if you close the only account that was going to make me regain that history. Either way I have a bad taste in my mouth. I know I have been aweful in the past. I also know that for the last 5 years I have worked my butt of to better myself and my credit.

Today, I will try and reinstate my account through the power of respectful communication. For now though I do not trust this bank or the TARP funds they received to stay afloat. I want to believe the system but right now the system doesn't believe in me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2009 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Mastercard-Citibank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/Citi-Mastercard-Citibank-Citibank-Canceled-my-account-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-491716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Mastercard, Citibank