Theresa

• Reported By: BLOWN_AWAY — FONTANA California USA
CITI MORTGAGE
1000 Technology Drive O'Fallon, Montana United States of America

CITI MORTGAGE Citi Bank MANDATED WINDSTORM INSURANCE O'Fallon, Montana

I purchased my home in 2006 for 180k got a 5.875% interest rate with taxes and insurance included with my monthly mortgage payments. I have been on time every month since I purchased my home . I have not asked for a refinance or a modification. My recent monthly statement from Citimortgage has a new insurance "windstorm insurance." I called Citi mortgage Mortgage servicing and was transfered to Citi mortgage Insurance because the department I called couldnt help me. The lady I spoke with was very rude insisting this is mandatory. I asked when I was informed, she claims a letter was mailed to me in May of 2009 indicating this new requirement - a complete lie. I asked if she could send me where it states in my loan documents where this is required, she would not. I asked if she could forward the law or where it states it is mandatory she would not. I asked to speak to a manger, there was no manager. Apparently this insurance has been optional - like earthquake insurance - for sometime and now all of the sudden in December of 2009 Citi mortgage is requiring my loan to have it. The additional "windstorm insurance" is $4000 a year, this increases my current payment by 150%. I called my current insurance company and asked if they usually write "windstorm hazard polices" in Fontana, CA, they said no. I called my friend who is an agent he too says he rarely writes these polices but can write me one if I need to have it for my policy for about under $1000 a year. I called my mortgage broker, who is still in business, and asked if he sells "windstorm insurance" with his mortgages, he said no. After I explained my situation to him, he laughed in disbelief and asked me if I was serious. I am very serious, this is no joke. I spoke with over 30 home owners today and not 1 of them pays this type of insurance, nor is it mandated by their mortgage lenders.

I think I am being Scammed here. Is anybody out there having the same occurrence? Let me know, my attorney is taking a look into it tomorrow.

-Blown Away
Fontana, CA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2009 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CITI-MORTGAGE/OFallon-Montana-/CITI-MORTGAGE-Citi-Bank-MANDATED-WINDSTORM-INSURANCE-OFallon-Montana-515979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CITI MORTGAGE