Complaint Review: Citibank/BestBuy

• Updated: Fri, November 01, 2013

• Reported By: MiamiWife — North Miami Beach Florida
Citibank/BestBuy
sioux falls, South Dakota USA

Citibank/BestBuy After I gave them my SS number they won't give me my own account number to allow me to pay from my bank. sioux falls South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Yep..I see where this is going..

*Consumer Comment: It's you, not Best Buy

Citibank N.A. is taking over the Best Buy credit card. Firs,t they are changing the interest rate to 25.24%. Secondly, when I tried to pay them they asked for my SS, which I gave them. Then they asked for my routing number for the checking account I have on file with them but of course I do not have it with me. They have my SS number, address, mobile number etc. They would not let me pay nor would they give me my account number. (I have the last 4 digits). I told them I do not accept the new terms of the account but they said I cannot give them that information. I have to call someone else but I have to have the account number. You see where this is going?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2013 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitibankBestBuy/sioux-falls-South-Dakota-57117/CitibankBestBuy-After-I-gave-them-my-SS-number-they-wont-give-me-my-own-account-number-1096220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citibank/BestBuy

Yep..I see where this is going..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

You are trying to get sensitive finanical information without proving you are the actual account holder.  They are trying to protect the account holder from fraud.

- And neither would a person trying to comit Identity Theft.  Simple solution on this one...call them back when you have that information.

They have my SS number, address, mobile number etc

- And so could an Identity Thief.

(I have the last 4 digits).

- Just like anyone who happens to have a receipt from a purchase you made.

So do YOU see where this is going yet?

It's you, not Best Buy

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

All you have to do is re-register your Best Buy account with Citi. They have a link for you to do it right on line - takes about two minutes and once you are registered you are good to go through the payment process.

If you don't have your routing number and bank account number that's on you, not Citi. I find it difficult to believe that you don't have access to your bank's routing number and account number. It is right on the bottom of your checks. If you don't use checks, your account number is right on your statement. You can even contact your bank if you still can't locate your own bank account records.

The whole idea is to make sure that the person registering for the Best Buy account and using the pay feature is the actual account holder of both the Best Buy credit account AND the funding account you are using to pay your balance. Time to grow up - get organized with your accounts and bank records and stop blaming someone else for your shortcomings!