Complaint Review: CitiMortgage

• Reported By: Kevin — Tampa Florida
CitiMortgage
Sioux Falls, South Dakota USA

CitiMortgage Charges $50 to fax payoff statement Sioux Falls South Dakota

I am refinancing a CitiMortgage loan and requested a payoff over the phone.  I was asked if I wanted it faxed, so of course I said 'yes'.  Never once was I told I had options and that each option may/may not have a fee associated with it.  Well, I get the payoff statement and there's a line item labeled "statement/fax fees" for $50.00.

I called CitiMortgage and was told that they charge this fee to fax a payoff statement and that it could not be waived.  I asked what they charge to MAIL a payoff statement and they said "ZERO".  So let me get this straight....you are willing to put the payoff statement in an envelope / pay for postage and you'll charge me nothing??  But I try to save you some time and cost by using fax and you charge me $50??  50 freaking dollars for a 3 page fax???

I also asked why I was not informed of this fee prior to choosing the fax option.  Well....they had no answer for me on that one.  Basically said that each state is different and that in FL they can charge $50 to fax a payoff.

This is EXACTLY why I hate CitiMortgage.  I work in a $1B community bank and we would NEVER charge a customer $50 to fax a payoff statement.  In fact, we don't charge a dime for this SERVICE.  Maybe this is CitiMortgage's way of pissing you off one last time before you kick them to the curb.

Good riddance CitiMortgage....I can't wait until Sept. 3 when I pay you off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiMortgage/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/CitiMortgage-Charges-50-to-fax-payoff-statement-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-1080143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiMortgage