Complaint Review: citizens bank

harvard sq, cambridge, Massachusetts USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

citizens bank Humiliation when asked for overdraft fee refund cambridge Massachusetts

*Author of original report: all that matters

*Author of original report: Hello and good buy

*Author of original report: simple

*Author of original report: swooosh!

*General Comment: Advice......

*Author of original report: ok

*Consumer Comment: Hmm..

*Consumer Comment: So what is the rest of the story...

*Consumer Comment: What?

*Author of original report: please note

I went to CitizensBank's branch in Cambridge, MA, Harvard Sq. I wanted to ask about fee refund since I overdrew my balance.I explained that I am disabled and have some difficulties with concentration when dealing with finances.I was humiliated,ignored,they made me wait for 40 min to talk to the manager, and finally same girl called me in her office just to tell me that she is going to close my account.I asked for her name and she got hysterical,telling me that she doesn't want to talk to me and that i need to leave or she calls the police.I asked for her name again,she screamed that it's on her tag and that I need to leave.I said she can call police if she needs too.She did.I was told I made her feel uncomfortable and that I must never enter this branch or I will be arrested.I hope the whole conflict is recorded by bank's camera's and am sure I was treated badly. Though I am with this bank for 6 years,and was never treated with anything by respect before.Also,what might be helpful she kept saying she knows me.I never met her in my life.And I thought she meant she saw me at the bank before.I have no idea what all this was about.But what is worse that even so I was asking her and other bankers to talk to the manager I never got too even so I spent there at least an hour. All this is very very upsetting. Please advise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/citizens-bank/cambridge-Massachusetts-02138/citizens-bank-Humiliation-when-asked-for-overdraft-fee-refund-cambridge-Massachusetts-1140609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on citizens bank

all that matters

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

is that you would do anything of a kind. you are all good. and when in heaven please consider looking down on us, meak and week and irresponsible, even if just for a second.

Hello and good buy

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

i heard you. you are in the same situation but you did not scoop low as i did and you did not go and ask for any help, and you just want the world to know about it.  very admirable !  and that is the morst impostant - you would never!  Ever! Because, what? Oh, because you are a better person. Good for you. At least one of us goes to Heaven.

simple

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

oh, I see now that this is not the place to post anything but rather for all the smart and accomplished and responsible individual to scold all and each who is not.  What is most important that you are all good. And of course there is your place to set us stright. Good Buy Ripoff - maybe you started as one thing but .... oh, well. No surprise here for sure.

swooosh!

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

the point is missing. charity? no. never demended anything. the word i used was 'asked'. the complain itself is not about them not helping . plus, it is clear now that there are more than enough bank's knights who offer free service/energy/time to the bank so that an acutal bank can be rest assured and not even bother about any dissatisfactions and simply go somewhere nice and luxurious because why pay an advocate when deffence is on guard in yours and others 'free'  services readily available. swooooosh above your head again. why even bother?  Ok. Here is for the one who hears: I only posted on this particular spot on the internet in order to maybe maybe help others who are not gutcy and who might be intimidated by someone like these numerous bank's or other Mega power free defenders like yourself.

#5 General Comment

Advice......

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Ok you want to be advised then Here it goes. Don't go into a BANK and expect charity. Seems kind of simple. When you spend more then you have you must pay a late fee. Comming into the bank and asking for your NSF FEE back is a bit low class of you. YOU MADE A BANKING ERROR and that's all. Why would you even think that you had the right to even ask for money back?? Times are tough for everyone. I myself am a disabled American, last week I ended up with over $500 in the negative from overdraft fees. Guess what..... I didnt waltz my a*s into the bank and ask for that money back. Ok so I couldn't pay bills or buy groceries or follow up with any of the plans I had with my money. I did this to myself. By my inattention to my account I caused myself this issue. The same goes for you. YOU DID THIS TO YOU! Expecting charity from a bank only goes to show that you have a problem. I don't know if its a mental issue or a serious senior moment. Either way you have a problem.

your disability doesnt factor into this situation unless you are in a wheelchair and they pushed you out the door. By using your disability all you have done is show that you know you were wrong . Going in and asking for the fees back and you seek to gain pity on the web to bolster your argument. You are transparent and I think you use your disability as a shield against the world. Each time you seek pity using your disability you invalidate the efforts of those of us who don't. We are ALL DISABLED in some form. Be it social, mental, or physical. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL!!!!

So my advice to you is simple. YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO THIS, you will have to get yourself out of it. Expecting charity in this world today is silly at best, laughable at worst. You have shown that you have the ability to use the web. Instead of making a report basically showing yourself to be a jackass, you could have spent that time looking up charitable organizations in your area. And make no mistake you acted like a a*s. And when you were told NO BY EVERYONE, you proceeded to show your a*s. using your disability and time as a customer to argue that they should. You should feel lucky. Had you done this in my store I would have had you arrested AND PROSECUTED!! People like yourself sicken me. You feel it's perfectly ok to make a scene in public. You are beyond embarrassing yourself but have no problem embarrassing others. You yell and shout and push buttons and then wonder why they call the police. Lets face facts here. You threw a tantrum. Grow up and handle your business like an adult

ok

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

consider done. thank sweet thing. what would i do without you taking time and trouble to scold me? your time is appreciated.

Hmm..

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Well, you went there to ask (beg) for forgiveness because of your mistake, but you rather got an unexpected reaction. That raises a question to me. Have you ever gone there to ask for the similar issue (remove overdraft/NSF fees)? If so, how many times could you remember? That could be the reason why they no longer want to deal with you anymore.

So what is the rest of the story...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I do first have to admit that in all of the excuses I think have ever heard for why people overdraft.  The "I am disabled and have some difficulties with concentration when dealing with finances" is probably a first.

If you can't "concentrate" enough to manage your finances then you need to have someone do it for you.  You don't get it both ways.  You can't say on one hand that you are independent enough to have a bank account and manage your finances and on the other hand use your disability as an excuse because you "have difficulties with concentration".

As to this "hummiliation", yea what is the rest of the story.  Unless you are going to claim that the girl who you talked to was "unstable" unless you did something she is not going to just all of the sudden break down and need to call the police.

Unfortunatly, like most people you are going to minimize anything that makes you look bad and maximize everything that makes them look bad.  So from your one sided story we will never know what this full story.

What?

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

You overdrew your own account and you want to bank to refund the fees?? Regardless of your situation, you are responsible for your money not the bank. Learn to reconcile your bank statement, keep a check register and stop spending money you do not have = you are able to file a report on the internet therefore you can manage your finances.  Stop playing the disability card because guess what?  Everyone has problems so get over your pathetic excuse and grow up.

please note

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

i am not even as much upset with the girl herself, but with the managment who never appeared or interfiered. nothing. i just didn't exist to them. i did call her all-mighty, and someone who can't empatise and see how it was imberressing for me to even ask for help. i must off heat the point because that statement drove her crazy.