Complaint Review: Citizens Bank

• Reported By: S. — Athol Massachusetts United States of America
Citizens Bank
Gardner, MA Gardner, Massachusetts United States of America

Citizens Bank Scamming Fees From Checking Account Gardner, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Not quite the way you reported it.

*Consumer Comment: rebutt mismanagement from coast

*Consumer Comment: Account Mismanagement

Citizens Bank has committed theft, larceny and fraud to my account by deliberately taking out $6.99 a day service charge from my disability. I guess my disability will go to the CEO of Citizens Bank and not to a handicapped person who needs it more.

I get paid disability once a month and it is not enough to live on, let alone raise my sons with. I get direct deposit once a month by social security. I can understand that if a charge goes through that is insufficient I will be charged a $37.00 insufficient fund fee but they also charge a $6.99 fee EVERDAY that your checking account is negative. This is fraudulent
and double charging for one insufficient fund fee and when you only get one social security deposit it is devastating since the bank will take most of your direct deposit even for one small negative charge. In other words, my children and I cannot survive when this bank keeps doing this. I was never told they would charge a $6.99 a day service charge or I would not go there. That is charging a $37.00 dollar insufficient fund fee and another fee on top of that for $140.00 for that same fee. Instead of the social security going to me and my children, it is going to the CEO of the bank. This is a fraudulent and deceptive practice stealing from the disabled. I'm sure many of the disabled just accept this bank raping their accounts but I hope you do something to stop this illegal practice. I want all my money returned to me from this bank.

*Just a note. I called for the rebate fee from hurricane Sandy and they said on 11/08/12 it would be refunded, after trying to talk me into taking a loan from them. Called today at 11/09/2012 and they said they decided not to refund it. They are liars and scammers! Do NOT do business with them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Bank/Gardner-Massachusetts-/Citizens-Bank-Scamming-Fees-From-Checking-Account-Gardner-Massachusetts-966778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Bank

Not quite the way you reported it.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" I can understand that if a charge goes through that is insufficient I will be charged a $37.00 insufficient fund fee but they also charge a $6.99 fee EVERDAY that your checking account is negative.  "

No they don't.   They only do this after you have left your account in the negative for 4 business days.   You really need to get your accounting in order.   You shouldn't overdraft at all, much less continue to stay overdrawn for that long a period.   Seriously, if this is the best you can do in regards to accounting, you would be far better off not having a checking account at all.  It will cost you more than it's worth.

This problem you are having has nothing to do with this bank.   Most banks have similar terms, so the name would be different, but the result would be exactly the same.

"  This is a fraudulent and deceptive practice stealing from the disabled.  "

This has nothing to do with being disabled.   Everyone with bad money managment skills are subject to exactly the same terms.

rebutt mismanagement from coast

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

coast go back on your meds and complete the 12 steps

Account Mismanagement

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I was never told they would charge a $6.99 a day service charge or I would not go there."

That comment implies that it is your intention to incur recurrent overdrafts. You agreed to their policies when you opened the account.

From the Citizens Bank web site:

Standard Overdraft Practices... we will charge a Sustained Overdraft Fee of $6.99 per day on the 4th business day and each day thereafter up to and including the 13th business day.

"Citizens Bank has committed theft, larceny and fraud to my account"

Citizens Bank did not commit any of the actions that you have accused them of. Accept responsibility for your account mismanagement.