poem

• Updated: Fri, September 14, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Town of Tonawanda New York USA
Citizens Choice Energy, LLC
172 West Englewood Ave Teaneck, New Jersey United States of America

Citizens Choice Energy, LLC www.bestnyenergy.org Scammers, Ripped Me Off, Double Their Rates After Talking my vulnerable girlfirend Into Signing Up By Illegally Soliciting Door to Door in Town Of Tonawanda, NY Teaneck, New Jersey

*General Comment: Citizens Choice

My girlfirend tells me one day after coming home from work that some guy was going door to door offering to save us on our Electricity bill every month. He told my girlfirend that all of our neigbors had signed up with him and all he would need for us to sign up would be my Utility Bill. Knowing I pay a lot each month for my electric she gave him my Utility Bill and he signed us up. He told her after looking at our Utility Bill that he guarantee's our bill will be less, that they don't charge as much as National Grid was for Electric (which is .05 cents per kWh).

So we're signed up and I get my first bill, it goes up $190 from the previous month. I didn't think much about it at the time. Then I get my next bill and its again over $125 more then we're normally paying before switching. So I decided to call my original supplier National Grid and they informed me that Citizens Choice Energy doubled their rates after we switch over to them 2 months ago. She said Citizens Choice Energy rate was at .05 cents per kWh at the time we signed up with them in July but it quickly went up to .10 cents per kWh the following month (August & September).

If thats not ripoff I don't know what is, specially after the stranger in our house said to my girlfriend that he guarantees I would save money. I also called my Town's Police Department and they confirmed that neither Citizens Choice Energy nor the sales person that came in my house did not have a Hawkers/Peddlers Permit to Solicit Door to Door in the Town of Tonawanda, NY which would make any contract illegal, voiding it. I also don't see how my girlfriend could gain access to transfer my account with out my authorization?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2011 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Choice-Energy-LLC/Teaneck-New-Jersey-07666/Citizens-Choice-Energy-LLC-wwwbestnyenergyorg-Scammers-Ripped-Me-Off-Double-Their-Rat-782488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Choice Energy, LLC

#1 General Comment

Citizens Choice

AUTHOR: tee4u2nv - (United States of America)

First of all your girlfriend is not an authorized person on your account, then she shouldn't be able to choose an energy supplier for you. That's something you should address with her.  Secondly, Citizens Choice Energy doesn't offer a specific rate.  They offer a discount to what YOUR electric company charges per kwh. So if the rates went up it's because YOUR electric company raised them, not Citizens Choice Energy.  Thirdly, Citizens Choice Energy doesn't offer contracts. The reason why they don't offer contracts is because the discount offered is due to the deregulation law in the state of NY.  It's free, no contract, no dis-enrollment fees or penalties while there are other companies that do make the customers sign contracts and charge them for early termination. You should contact the Public Service Commission if you have issues with any authorized energy supplier. Do your homework before you make accusations.