Complaint Review: City College - Gainesville

• Updated: Mon, February 24, 2014

• Reported By: Kerry — Gainesville Florida
City College - Gainesville
7001 NW 4th Blvd Gainesville, Florida USA

City College - Gainesville False hope for individuals who need help getting an Education ! I call Fraud ! Lairs ! Gainesville Florida

I came to Gainesville in hope of going to college. While attempting to register for class at a different school in Gainesville, I was told that I need to have a few more pre-req's before applying. So somehow, City College, came up on my list.

As I met with the factual tat City College I proceeded to speak my mind and tell them why I was there to apply. They were informed of my plans, hopes, and dreams. I was assured that my credits would be able to transfer anywhere I wanted, whenever I wanted, as they were a Nationally Accreditted School, there would be no problem. So I registered with them and started atteneding classes in order to work towards my AS in Bussiness Managment.

As the Months went by and I busted my butt to complete these courses as best as possible, I went to meet with other colleges and universities I was informed that City College Credits would NOT Be transferable. [continued below]....

..... So I talked with my advisers at City College and they assured me that as soon as i had my degree that I could transfer with no problems. Now, I'm over $35,000 in debt from student loans,  and I graduated with a 3.88gpa in under two years, so I'm not a dumb cookie, but I fell like I was played for a fool.

City College lied to me and continued to lie to my face over and over.  I hope that this warns people off from attending that school and I hope they are shut down oneday.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-College-Gainesville/Gainesville-Florida-32607/City-College-Gainesville-False-hope-for-individuals-who-need-help-getting-an-Education-1126138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City College - Gainesville