Complaint Review: city of columbia (water company)

• Submitted: Thu, May 10, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 10, 2012

• Reported By: City Of Columbia water company — Hopkins South Carolina United States of America
city of columbia (water company)
1136 washington street columbia, South Carolina United States of America

city of columbia (water company) In short, I called the company to find out how it jumped $100.00, and thier resonce to me was "we charge sewer acourding to wter usage"! So, we have a hot tub, and sprinkler system system that uses ou columbia, South Carolina

Sorry, this was my first time using this site, I basically told the whole story in the subject line! I could be wrong, but isn't there a LAW stating that you have to PROVIDE a service, or intend to in the near future to bill someone for that service? Our water consumption was 2300/units costing $68.85 on the bill....nothing extreme I guess, BUT..our sewer consumption was ZERO.....costing $78.02....that's right....ZERO....they charged us $78.02 for ZERO sewer consumption! When I called the water company for an explanation, this was the "explanation"......." well mam, people have a misunderstang when it comes to water bills! For example, there was an old lady that called in and wanted to know how she could use more water then a family of 4 next door, we came to find out she was filling up a large claw foot tub 3 times a day and doing 2 loads of laundry!" When I told the man that does not answer my question, it has NOTHING to do with the water consumption, I need to know HOW your coming up with almost $80. [continued below]....
.....00 a month for sewer? This was his answer " well mam, we base your sewer charges on your water consumption, and sewer costs more to process" ..........So....As I stated earlier, even though most of that water DID NOT go down the sewer as we have a hub outside, sprinkler system, large bird cage I take outside to hose off, 2 cars we wash, flower garden we water, dot we bath.....ALL OUTSIDE......THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR SEWER.......we have to pay for that sewer usage??????? BECAUSE THEY GUESS.......how much sewer you use?........EVERYONE that HAS to use CITY OF COLUMBIA water company, (because we don't have choice), is PAYING FOR GUESSING?????? People that are using this company.....PLEASE tell me what you think? Maybe together we can do something about this "guessing game"! I plan to go to the next HOA meeting and bring this up, if you use this company, and are seeing the same thing, please also do so! Thanks for your support in this matter!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/city-of-columbia-water-company/columbia-South-Carolina-29201/city-of-columbia-water-company-In-short-I-called-the-company-to-find-out-how-it-jumped-880829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on city of columbia (water company)