Complaint Review: City of Long Beach Parking

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: Heather — Long Beach California
City of Long Beach Parking
PO Box 22767 Long Beach, California USA

City of Long Beach Parking Think this isn't a business? Think again! Law abiding citizens ripped off, with no recourse Long Beach California

Think if you follow the law, obey the posted signs, and respect the posted guidelines you are above getting a ticket? Think again...the fact that Long Beach has issued multiple parking tickets without cause is infuriating. Mostly because it is your word against theirs. I had assumed my tickets were an honest mistake, easily proven. I was parked in a 2 hour zone, and received a parking ticket 55 minutes after parking there one time, and 15 minutes of parking another. The citations referenced 'photos'. Since obviously I don't take time stamped photos of my car each time I park, I asked the city of Long Beach to review said photos, as they would clearly show I was not parked for more than the posted limits. Their reply? 'If you had moved the car, there wouldn't be chalk marks on the tires'. After the second ticket, however, I DID inspect my tires for chalk marks, to try to figure out how I could have possibly been ticketed 16 minutes after parking a block and a half away, and on the other side of the street. I am unable to park on another street, and this has happened multiple times. My only course of action according to them is to pay the ticket in full, along with $25 for each, to request a hearing. Which, of course, would be held during work hours, costing me even more money in lost wages. I can't believe I am the only one this has happened to. I know that you can't fight city hall, but neither should we just sit by silently as they drain us financially, without cause and without a way to fight back. I am at a loss. I did nothing wrong, yet am being fined, with no hope for getting out of being scammed out of money I can't afford to lose.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-of-Long-Beach-Parking-/Long-Beach-California-90801-5766/City-of-Long-Beach-Parking-Think-this-isnt-a-business-Think-again-Law-abiding-citizen-1079630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City of Long Beach Parking