Complaint Review: City of Plano Police

City of Plano Police
909 East 14th street, Plano, Texas United States of America

City of Plano Police Predatious ticketing Plano, Texas

*Consumer Comment: hey!

*General Comment: Yeah-they're EVERYWHERE!

*Consumer Comment: Honestly Brandon

*Consumer Comment: Here is a novel idea

*Consumer Comment: So

*Consumer Suggestion: Simple solution! LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!!

*Consumer Comment: "Predatious?"

Hello,

I'm M and my difficulty is with ticketing. My city, Plano, has been agressive on traffic violations as long as I've lived here. However, it's become all invasive over the last year.

I've been ticketed twice in this time, and on both accassions, they checked thoroughly for additional items. That's a bit aggravating, but now they ticketed my teenage daughter for a taillamp violation.

Discussing this matter with friends, I've discovered the following:

* I have yet to find a case where they give warnings anymore.

* They've taken to following cars and entering license plates, on the off chance of finding a violation.

* They patrol the major streets andwide roads with unusually lowspeed limits, but ignore residential neighborhoods where safety might be an issue.

* There's one that gaurds the off ramp ofI-75 and drives through the parking lots after writing his tickets rather thanexpending the effort of using the service roads.

I'm buying my Christmas outside of Plano. I hate doing it to the shop keepers, but I'm set on recovering the revenue they've collected.

Many of us, including myself, lost our jobs and had to struggle to get by. I feel it only fair that they can give up some nicities, like new SUV cruisers, rather than substain their standard of living by behaving as preditors.

Best Regards,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2010 12:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-of-Plano-Police/Plano-Texas-75074/City-of-Plano-Police-Predatious-ticketing-Plano-Texas-672901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City of Plano Police

hey!

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Be sure not to drive in Richardson, Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Addison etc etc - There are those pesky police who look out for suckers (I mean LAW BREAKERS) like you!

#2 General Comment

Yeah-they're EVERYWHERE!

AUTHOR: Adolph - (USA)

Those damn po-leece! I made an illegal U turn, tore the side out of a 2008 Buick Lucerne with my motorhome and **POW** I got a ticket. Can't they give a guy a break? They should've known what thatwas going to do to my insurance rates! No damn compassion at all!

Honestly Brandon

AUTHOR: Mr. H - (USA)

Are you this stupid? You really didn't know that this dumbass meant "Predatory"?

Is it really fun for you just to point out spelling mistakes or grammatical errors because you have nothing of value to add?

Here is a novel idea

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Don't break any laws and they have no reason to pull you over.

So

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

So - what did you get a ticket for?

I don't think I've ever received a warning, if I get stopped I always get a ticket. However, every time I've ever been stopped I was exceeding the speed limit or whatever. I have no animosity for the police over this, I was indeed speeding and we usually have a friendly chat while he's writing me a ticket.

I don't blame them for me breaking the law. If I don't break the law I have never even been stopped.

What's the problem?

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Simple solution! LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You can't get a ticket if you are not doing anything wrong.

So learn how to drive safely and within the law and you won't get tickets.

It's real simple.

It's not just Plano, TX. It is the entire nation. Every police dept has suffered cuts through various tax cuts, etc. They have to make up the money somewhere else.

In any case, it is your choice whether or not you will be it.

That tail lamp violation is minor, and if you fix it, usually you can get the ticket dismissed.

I would think if you lost your job, and have no money, you would be even more careful out there.

Just common sense here.

"Predatious?"

AUTHOR: Brandon - (United States of America)

Does not compute! Please refudiate!