Complaint Review: Clark and Washington Law Firm

Linebaugh Tampa, Florida USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Clark and Washington Law Firm Given wrong info and I'm out my last $1000.00 and my bankruptcy Tampa Florida

In April 2013 my daughter in law and I attended an appointment with Atty Rachel and paralegal Anna. I was encouraged to file chapter 13 as I owned a property in Ga. and had tennants. Rachel advised us that I could always convert to chapter 7 if I wanted to give up my house since it was under water already. She said in all her years she never knew of a Judge questioning a property in a chapter 13. I paid my fees $341.00 took 2 credit courses $50.00 and since I had to move to Charlotte because my son took a new job they reminded me I would have to come to the first meeting with the Judge in Tampa.

I was notified and drove to Tampa for the meeting but had an Atty named Laura that I had never met. Well the Judge requested a professional appraisal of my property  and Laura couldn't explain this to me. When I was back in Charlotte I was advised I had to hire an appraiser in Ga. and had to provide it before the meeting of my Atty with the Judge and creditors that I did not have to attend. This meeting was on a Monday. I spent $275.00 on an appraiser who sent me a detailed appraisal by pdf on Thursday afternoon. On calling the atty office I was advised that yet another atty I had never met was to attend the meeting on Mon.  I was given his email address, transferred to his voicemail and left a message I had emailed the appraisal for the meeting Mon. When I didn't hear from the attys I called them Tues. and while I was speaking to the male atty who was to attend my meeting the day before, I heard him listening to my Thurs. voicemail.  He was not aware of the pdf since he had not listened to my vms. he did tell me that the meeting had been re-scheduled till end of January 2014. I wonder why ? During this time I was also paying $122.00 per month to the Bankruptcy Trustee out of my $1300.00/mo social security.

After repeated unreturned calls I was finally able speak to an atty. Laura again, around Thanksgiving and told her I wanted to convert to chapter 7 she insisted that it wasn'tpossible to ever convert chapter 13 to chapter 7. She said the only thing to do now was to stop paying the $120.00/m0 and I would be issued a default from the Judge and I had to start over again.

My anger has not subsided but finally I got correct information as that is exactly what the Judge did. This took my last $1000.00, I still have my debts and my home in Ga. has been foreclosed. Makes me remember that old joke..What is  5,000 attorneys at the bottom of the sea? A good start !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2014 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clark-and-Washington-Law-Firm/Tampa-Florida-33064/Clark-and-Washington-Law-Firm-Given-wrong-info-and-Im-out-my-last-100000-and-my-bankr-1171467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clark and Washington Law Firm