Complaint Review: clarksville gas and water

• Submitted: Mon, December 31, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Heather — Clarksville Tennessee United States of America
clarksville gas and water
2215 Madison Street Clarksville, TN 37043 clarksville, Tennessee United States of America

clarksville gas and water they obviously don't care about their customers clarksville, Tennessee

My bill was due 12/10, I paid the bill on time and then accidentally paid it again 6 days later. First of all I don't understand if I pay a bill shouldn't it zero out, but obviously this is not how the water dept. here works. So, it's a week before Christmas and I'm completely broke, budgeted down the last dollar when I notice the water department is going to take two payments out..

I called the water dept. and asked if they could reverse one of the payments, but, they don't do that. It would remain as a credit to my account. I explained to the lady that I needed that $40.00 back in my account or else I would bounce another bill.. did they care, nope.. all I got was "I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do".

So, I called my bank and had them put a stop payment on the second payment. All is well right! NOPE. Now the water dept. has charged me for a returned payment! I called and explained to the MANAGER what had happened and all she could say was "you authorized the payments".

These people DO NOT CARE about their customers! They recieved their payment, you would think they would have been able to (first of all) reverse the 2nd payment that was made in accident, or at least remove the returned payment fee.

I spoke to two or three people including the manager who didn't care about anything but placing the blame on me for making two payments. They cared nothing about the fact that it was Christmas, that I didn't have the extra $40.00, or that I have been a loyal customer FOR YEARS!

I thought Monopoly's were illegal! With customer service like this I am ready to have a well drilled out back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/clarksville-gas-and-water/clarksville-Tennessee-37043/clarksville-gas-and-water-they-obviously-dont-care-about-their-customers-clarksville-Te-989225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on clarksville gas and water