Complaint Review: Classic Import Auto Repair

• Updated: Fri, May 03, 2013

• Reported By: Don J — Sioux Falls South Dakota
Classic Import Auto Repair
301 W 43rd Street Sioux falls, South Dakota USA

Classic Import Auto Repair They took 4 months to give me back my car and the check engine light is still on. Cindy ''The president'' has zero integrity Sioux falls South Dakota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dishonest Customer

I have never in my life dealt with such an unprofessional Auto repair shop. They kept my Mercedes for several months and every time they fixed one thing supposedly! they would claim something else needed to be fixed also! And that would happen every time I called about my car, because I would never recieved a call from them regarding my car. After Ripping me off for a total of 4700.00 my check engine light is still on!!!!! And the Car is a 1996 S500 Mercedes. Book value maybe 3500.00.   I'm not sure they did anything at all. This is a family ran rip off establishment. They take full advantage of the fact that there are very few import repair shops in town. Please help me and the Citizens of Sioux Falls Expose these dishonest crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classic-Import-Auto-Repair/Sioux-falls-South-Dakota-57105/Classic-Import-Auto-Repair-They-took-4-months-to-give-me-back-my-car-and-the-check-engin-1048292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classic Import Auto Repair

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dishonest Customer

AUTHOR: Classic Import - ()

Mr. Cunningham omitted to supply all the facts regarding his vehicle.

He had purchased a new/reman ECU box and was instructed by Classic Import to take the vehicle to the dealer to have the ECU coded to his vehicle in Sept of 2012.  As of this date he has yet to do this and this is the reason the check engine light is on.  Yesterday he was reminded of this.

In regards to the wiring harness and the 4 months issue - he was given the opportunity to purchase the wiring harness himself  in order to save him the cost of mark up and sales tax.  The first harness he purchased was not the correct one and a second one had to be purchased during this time period.  The first harness was returned by Classic Import to the vendor at no cost to him.

Classic Import takes great pride in the service we provide.  The majority of our new customers are from referrals from existing customers.

Mr. Cunningham was definitely blowing this out of proportion without understanding all the facts and completing the actions which were his responsibility.  I spoke with him on the phone today and he apologized for his comments.  As a business owner, every once in awhile an individual comes around where everything is someone else's fault without taking personal responsibility.  In those situations, no matter what you do it will never be the right thing as far as they are concerned.

Enough said,