Complaint Review: classmates.com and Home Savings Mall

• Submitted: Sat, March 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 14, 2009

• Reported By:Simi Valley California
classmates.com and Home Savings Mall
8420 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 700 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

classmates.com and Home Savings Mall I've never signed up for any of what they offer Chicago Illinois

While going through my bank statements for my online purchases that I don't necessarily get a hard copy for, I discovered a monthy charge showing up for $19.95 monthly. I asked my wife if she was aware of it and seeing that she wasn't, I called the # and they asked me to input an account #- funny, I've never received an account # so was unable to get anyone on there customer service #.

I then called my bank, and low and behold, their fraud department went through the usual protocol and it seems that when I signed up for Classmates.com, that they have some way to opting me in when I signed up- but I explained that I never opted in on their service. It seems that even if you don't sign-up for Classmates.com partnered relationships you ARE. Here is the information from Home Savings Mall RE: their 'membership'-

Home Savings MallSM is a consumer program that offers our members year-round savings on a wide variety of items so they can afford the things they need and the things they want!

What will I receive if I join Home Savings MallSM?

You will receive, either in print or electronically via this site, the comprehensive membership materials, which include an overview of the program covering the terms and conditions and full description of the benefits and services available to our members. You'll also receive your personal membership identification number that allows you to take advantage of all the money-saving benefits available the program offers.

It's obvious that I've never received either as I would of certainly known that I was member which is an obvious breach since if I've paid for something and haven't gotten it, I would be RIPPED OFF. In this case, I never signed up so how would I know since nonthing is every emailed to you. I only discovered this due to checking my monthly statement.

Anyway, beware of both classmates.com and Home Savings Mall

Real estate loan qc- auditor
Simi Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2009 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/classmatescom-and-Home-Savings-Mall/Chicago-Illinois-60631/classmatescom-and-Home-Savings-Mall-Ive-never-signed-up-for-any-of-what-they-offer-Chica-434208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on classmates.com and Home Savings Mall