Complaint Review: Classmates.com

• Reported By: Steve — Vineland New Jersey USA
Classmates.com
Internet, Washington United States of America

Classmates.com $39 Ripoff Internet, Washington

Received a debit on my bank account for $39. Turns out it was Classmates.com. I called (3rd try) and spoke to a guy who told me I agreed to automatically debit the annual charge for my "premium" membership. I never agreed to $39..it was much smaller than that...HOWEVER I was informed I had opted out for next year but nothing can be done to the current charge even though I did not wish to renew. Besides..a lot of the social media does the same thing for free. Tell everybody you know who subscribes to Classmates.com to immediately call or go online and opt out of automatic billing for any renewals. Fortunately there are sites like this that protect us from scammers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2011 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatescom/Internet-Washington-/Classmatescom-39-Ripoff-Internet-Washington-812878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates.com