Complaint Review: classmates.com

• Updated: Wed, June 16, 2010

• Reported By: mark1951 — Richmond Hill Georgia United States of America
classmates.com

classmates.com WATCH OUT FOR THE AUTOMATIC RENEWAL, Internet

Like so many others, I looked on my Paypal statement and saw a $39 charge from these sneaks that automatically renews my membership for another year so that I won't "miss out on all the benefits"! What benefits? This is a major rip-off that needs to not only be stopped, but the victims of their deceptive practices should be entitled to refunds for services they did not order or did not want!

Paypal would not reverse the charge since I didn't not notify classmates.com of my intention to not renew until after I was hit with the automatic deduction to my account! Some help these guys are! I HAD TO CANCEL MY pAYPAL ACCOUNT AND SIGN UP FOR A NEW CARD SO THAT CLASSMATES.COM COULDN'T GET ME AGAIN!

Classmates.com is not only a worthless website with not benefits whatsoever, but it is an internet scam and I can't believe I fell for it! DON'T sign up with them for any reason!  You will be so sorry!

I plan on posting a video on YouTube in the next week hoping that this will further our getting the message out!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2010 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/classmatescom/internet/classmatescom-WATCH-OUT-FOR-THE-AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL-Internet-614792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on classmates.com