Complaint Review: Clayton Homes

• Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: Cheryl — Yanceyville North Carolina United States of America
Clayton Homes
720 S Grahm Hopedale Rd burlington, North Carolina United States of America

Clayton Homes 720 S Grahm Hopedale Rd. Lied and Ripped burlington, North Carolina

I went and purchased a Clayton home the beginning of a nightmare. The salesman lied to me about what I was receiving. Orginally I was looking at a smaller home. He told me he could get me a larger home at the same price. Not true. I have contacted the General Manager several times. Calls never returned. I have replace several faucets and fixtures of my own expense.Was told I had a year warranty. Not to mention poor workmanship and cheap materials. This is the biigest mistake I have ever made. With a very large down payment made I can't walk away or sell this nightmare of what is suppose to be a home. Had a leak from the dishwasher which had leaked since installation. Floor or tile was not replaced. Finish on shower has worn away.Have a higher cooling bill than when I lived in a seventeen year old moblie home.And was told this nightmare was to be energy efficent. The only thing that was efficent was the way they took my downpayment and left me with this piece of junk. Home was damaged upon delivery. Porches are cracking severely. Foundation which was fixed once for cracking and is cracking again. Heat pump makes terrible noise when shutting off. I can hear birds sing, dogs bark and neighbors talk from inside. So that lets me know there's nothing energy efficent about hearing that much of the outdoors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clayton-Homes/burlington-North-Carolina-/Clayton-Homes-720-S-Grahm-Hopedale-Rd-Lied-and-Ripped-burlington-North-Carolina-775686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clayton Homes