Complaint Review: clayton homes

• Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: tammy — thomasville United States of America
clayton homes
6944 greensboro road ridgeway, Virginia United States of America

clayton homes racist manager lying racist idiot would not show me & my husband any homes because im white & he's black. he came up with all kinds of buffalo chip reasons as to why we could'nt see the homes & soon as we got back ridgeway, Virginia

*General Comment: So sorry for your experience

*Author of original report: 2 all that resonded to clayton homes racist manager

*Consumer Comment: If there's any B.S. , it's on your part.

first of all, i'm white & my husband is black so the manager would'nt show us any homes. He came up with all kinds of buffalo chip reasons as to why we could not lok @ the homes. We never made it past the front door. Then a white couple & their kids came in & he took them un his office which he did not do with us so he just left us standing there so we left. When we got in our vehicle we saw the white couple go straight in a home. Now if that ain't some B.S.. I don't know what is, How bout you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/clayton-homes/ridgeway-Virginia-24148/clayton-homes-racist-manager-lying-racist-idiot-would-not-show-me-my-husband-any-homes-b-822505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on clayton homes

#1 General Comment

So sorry for your experience

AUTHOR: maryfrances - ()

I am appalled that every single response assumes you are mistaken, at best.  Of course you "jumped" to a conclusion, but what were you supposed to think?  And really, what other conclusion is reasonable? I am very sorry for what you have suffered and hope you have found a much nicer home and are happily settled in.

2 all that resonded to clayton homes racist manager

AUTHOR: tammy - (United States of America)

u don't have to have appointments to see homes. no potential clients were there when we got there. there was no credit report done, he never asked our names or invited us in his office, but when the other family came in, he asked their name & took them in his office. no racist person that wants to keep the top position in the office would tell u it's because ur a mixed couple that he won't show the homes. r ya'll from mars or just racist as well? i've never played the racist card, i'm to old to play games but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when someone treats u wrong, bad or different.

If there's any B.S. , it's on your part.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"When we got in our vehicle we saw the white couple go straight in a home. Now if that ain't some B.S.. I don't know what is, How bout you"

Could be for a number of reasons NOT racial.

I'd bet they pulled a credit report on you and that did it.

The "white" family may well have had an appointment. Did you, or did you just show up?

Have fun with the race card, it gets played a lot.

"first of all, i'm white & my husband is black so the manager would'nt show us any homes."

And just HOW did you determine this little "fact?"   Did he tell you since you were a racially mixed couple he wouldn't/couldn't show you any homes?

I think you're full of it.