Complaint Review: Clean Water Action

• Reported By: Amanda — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Clean Water Action
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Clean Water Action Take credit for other's work Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I've been a member of CWA for many years.  I really thought they were doing good work.  And they do -- on a local level.  But statewide and nationally, their impact is minimal.  They last called me telling me THEY saved the Clean Water Act.  Well I called my rep AND my senators in PA and they said CWA had nothing to do with it.  They had received a few letters from members of CWA but the decision was based more on EPA data and, interestingly, the fishing, hunting and development people.

Also, for such a stable organization you would think their fundraising techniques would be more above board.  They've got all these young people knocking on doors late at night or calling at all hours.  These kids must be under a lot of pressure to raise money because they sure pressure me.  They send me tons of emails --- every single one is a fundraising plea.  They spend more money on fundraising than any other organization I belong to.  Shame on them.

I'm done with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2013 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clean-Water-Action/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15222/Clean-Water-Action-Take-credit-for-others-work-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-1094907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clean Water Action