rank

Complaint Review: Clear Creek Tax

• Submitted: Tue, January 12, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, January 12, 2010

• Reported By: Wilma Hall Gelinas — Kannapolis North Carolina United States of America
Clear Creek Tax
285 Century Place Ste 200 Louisville, Colorado United States of America

Clear Creek Tax Promised tax resolution in 30 to 45 days, max 60. high pressure to sign up, deducted fees from our checking acct after they were told not to in the amount of $11,000.00. Said they were in SC, not so. Louisville, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: CLEAR CREEK HIRES CRIMINALS

This company contacted us via phone and after telling them we had tax attorneys working on our problem since April 2009 the pressure started. They promised they could have a resolution in 30 to 45 days 60 max for the fee of $11,000.00 which they wanted in 2 payments and we agreed to 4 pmts. of $2,750.00 each. The first came out immediately on Dec. 18, 2009. They emailed the appropriate forms to us, Power of Attorney, application, etc. The next draft 12/29/2009.

On 12/31/2009, we received the Power of Attorney back from the IRS, Clear Creek had dated our signatures 12/18/08, and their signatures 12/21/09. On 1/4/2010 we received the Power of Attorney back from the NC Dept. of Revenue, because Clear Creek did not date it at all.  Talk about incompetance.  If they cannot get the dates correct, how can they work on a $400,000.00 Tax Problem??

By this time the 3rd draft was about ready to come out of our checking acct.  I immediately after receipt of the revoked Power of Attorneys from the IRS and State wrote Clear Creek a letter telling them to not debit any further funds from our acct. that they did not correctly fill out the Power of Attorney and pointing out the mistakes they made.  They did not have any right to do anything else with our case.  I received a call from the attorney and she told me they had caught and corrected the date, not according to the IRS, and that they had already done a lot of work on our case. I told her their services were no longer needed, read the letter again please. They then had their administrator call me who was very uncooperative and insisted they were going to continue to work on our case, and I told him no. He actually argued back and forth with me like a child that they could solve the tax problem in 30 to 45 days, I finally hung up on him! Well guess what, there have been two more drafts, 1/4/10, and 1/10/10 both in the amount of $2,750.00 each after I specifically put in the letter to Clear Creek if they tried to debit or change amounts to debit our account that our attorney would be involved. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT give these incompetent people your checking account number.  In fact, I would run the other way if they should call you.  The only thing they did for the amount of $5,500.00 is send us a breakdown of the taxes due which is Public Information, and tried to tell me it was info they got from the IRS. They had no Power of Attorney with the IRS to give them any info, but at that time I had not gotten the letter from the IRS showing their failure to fill out the Power of Attorney incorrectly. Sorry I wasn't born yesterday, but I feel like an idiot that I let these people take advantage of our company.

Pushy cold calling telemarketing, lying, stealing, cheating, incompetant, are they even legitimate company.  Can you believe they are actually listed with the BBB? They have a B- rating, which doesn't make me feel any better.  If these people had any heart at all, they would refund the $5,500.00 they got from us during the time they had no Power of Attorney over our tax matters. Yeah right, dream on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Creek-Tax/Louisville-Colorado-80027/Clear-Creek-Tax-Promised-tax-resolution-in-30-to-45-days-max-60-high-pressure-to-sign-553023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Creek Tax

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

CLEAR CREEK HIRES CRIMINALS

AUTHOR: >>>>> - ()

I am a former employee of Clear Creek who recently quit, because the Louisville office started hiring PEOPLE THAT WERE STILL IN THE HALF WAY HOUSE TO COME WORK FOR THEM IN THERE SALE'S DEPARTMENT. These are the same people that call you on the phone and talk to you, alot of them have been locked up in PRISION FOR THEFT ONE IS OUT ON PAROALE FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER, AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE HANDING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION OVER TOO WITH NO SUPERVISION!!!