Complaint Review: Clear lake dodge, jeep

• Reported By: Wes — Baytown Texas United States of America
Clear lake dodge, jeep
15711 gulf freeway Webster TX Clear lake shore, Texas United States of America

Clear lake dodge, jeep Deceptive advertising, beware Clear lake shore, Texas

About a month ago, I came across a modern warfare 2012 jeep rubicon on clear lake jeeps website. The price was about $58,000. I sent a copy to a friend who is also a jeep enthusiast and called him to try and figure out what aftermarket parts would increase the price so dramatically. I moved on due to the price not being realistic for the parts (unless you want to pay a dealer to do it for you).

Saturday, September 2, I was searching their website again to trade my Jeep. I trade every 2-3 years. I came across the exact same modern warfare jeep, but this time it's listed at $44730 with Internet special. I thought this made sense and was slightly less then I was expecting. I thought they needed to move it and priced it more reasonably. I arrived there on Monday and talked to a sales associate.

He said they just sold it. He brought his manager over and they said they could build one the same way. I asked, at the same price of $44,000, and the manager said it was $58,000. I told him no, your website shows it $44,000 and I showed him. He stated that was msrp before the additions. I informed him I will not do business with a company that uses false advertisement to lure people in.

He commented "what, you calling me a liar, I won't do business with people that call me a liar". So the website a month ago showed the correct price, then they recently lowered it. The manager didn't say a mistake was made, and apologize etc...like a business with ethics and customer service would do, so it leaves me with the feeling of deceptive advertising. They lost 3 potential customers. I was there to trade my wife's car also, and my jeep enthusiast friend was with us also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-lake-dodge-jeep/Clear-lake-shore-Texas-77598/Clear-lake-dodge-jeep-Deceptive-advertising-beware-Clear-lake-shore-Texas-936424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear lake dodge, jeep