Complaint Review: Cleveland Water Department

• Updated: Wed, November 06, 2013

• Reported By: Roger Benedict — East Cleveland Ohio
Cleveland Water Department
1201 Lakeside Avenue Cleveland, Ohio USA

Cleveland Water Department city of cleveland water department cleveland sewer district Debra Mitchell Debra Mitchell from the collections department issued a shut off notice for my service even though i was on a payment plan, all pyments were current and not deliquent and she didn't even confure with the billing department to see if my bill was paid she just shut off my water! Cleveland Ohio

I am going to say this because you did a horrible disservice

(Cleveland Water Department ) after you took money for a payment from my visa card...

your collections department shut off my water knowing that i am on a payment plan!

bill was up to date

No missed payment all current...

yet someone named Debra Mitchell put an order in to execute a shut off of my water service...

didn't she know about the payment plan i had been honoring?

what is her deal?

was there miscommunication between billing and collections?

You caused me a great disservice when i had been honoring our payment agreement, no payments missed whatsoever

last payment made October... just last month!
November bill hasn't even come due yet!

I explained to your representatives on the phone that i just got into the property and did not even make the charges that your forcing me to pay!

there was a squatter in the property who ran up the water bill to near a thousand dollars... i paid that balance down out of my unemployment compensation money to a balance of 400
something and i kept current with the payment plan for a bill i didn't even make in the first place!

I could even buy groceries or pay my other expenses

and you turn around and do some wicked ungodly, crooked evil stuff to me like shutting off the water after i made diligent honest efforts to pay you and again i emphasize!

pay a bill i didn't even make?

i want action! i want a refund... of the funds i already payed you
i am contacting the court handling the estate."

you did a grave wickedness to me and i was honoring the agreement i made with your billing department!

i was on a payment plan

i have never missed any payments

you have taken what money i have to live on from unemployment
and now you have put me in crisis and shut off my water

when i have made effort to pay you even when i didn't make this bill!

i going to seek action against you for this matter of extortion
and you taking advantage of me.

you take my money and don't honor the agreement, the very contract you asked me to keep?

i payed that balance down from 993.00 to 400 something and i was current with the payments and you shut off my service?

i want a call from you...
i want my money refunded!

i have records from the court
and from my previous address proving i didn't live at the residence at all...

and the cuyahoga county probate court has the same proof
my deceased father Roger Benedict died intestate 2011

His property at (((redacted))) was not occupied by him nor myself
from that time until July of 2013

(court order to manage decendent's property may 2013)
i didn't even have access to the property until may."

there was a squatter living there which the court was aware of
You the Cleveland water department forced me to pay a water bill I nor my deceased father even made?

i want answers...

I came there to be caretaker of my Dad's remaining assets and you the Cleveland Water Department can only assist me in bringing embarrassment, strife and theft to my life after all the efforts i have made?

shame on you!

you are wicked and corrupt!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2013 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cleveland-Water-Department/Cleveland-Ohio-44114/Cleveland-Water-Department-city-of-cleveland-water-department-cleveland-sewer-district-De-1097529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cleveland Water Department