Complaint Review: CLG ; Citywide Lending Group

• Submitted: Thu, May 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 16, 2009

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
CLG ; Citywide Lending Group
6038 Tampa Ave #410 Tarzana, California U.S.A.

PriscillaCLG ; Citywide Lending Group I am victim of this SCAM! Don't get hoodwinked like me. They are selling FAKE Leads Tarzana California

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the info...I almost fell prey to this scam..

I only wish I had found your website 2 weeks ago. I feel like such a fool. Now I am angry. My experience was they contacted me about becoming their local county insurance representative to handle homeowners insurance for their mortgage applications who are in the "final stages" of the loan process, about ready to close and need homeowners insurance.

To prove this they had me go to yahoo and do several searches while they were online with me and their name sure enough, popped up first in the search engines. To "help them defray" the cost of their internet advertising they are selling these leads to local insurance agencies. Your county is guaranteed. They also guarantee you will write every lead you get...or if not...if for some reason the lead has their own insurance agent they replace the lead with another one. I said what if it takes 5 or 6 times before I replace it with one I write...and they said you just keep going till you write it. "You can't lose". I said why don't they go to their own insurance agent? The sales person "Wayne" said almost all of these are first time home buyers...they don't have an established relationship with an insurance agent.

He says what is your county..and I will see if it is open. Guess what? Open as it can be! They only work with one agent per county and the leads are not given to anyone else. I ask Wayne why I have never heard of this and why no one else has my area. He has an answer for everything...smooth as silk. He says...we started on the east coast and have been gradually moving west.

I check them with the Better Business Bureau...and there are no negative reports. I ask for the name of an agent who is already working with them...and they cheerfully give me the name/phone number of an agent in Texas. I call and get glowing reports...the best thing they have ever done. It's going to cost me $310 to sign up...so I figure why not? I have this glowing recommendation...it is a can't lose proposition. Now I am sure this was a bogus person they had set up to handle these calls.

OK...takes them 2 weeks to start the leads flowing. Got my first batch this week. Now you know what happened...you're ahead of me right? The leads have email addresses. and few of them even have an address. I start looking them up only to learn they are long time homeowners. So I figure maybe these are refi. Then the email addresses start bouncing. OK...if these are current loans in the final stages..getting ready to close...wouldn't you think they would have valid email addresses for these people?

I manage to reach several "leads" via phone and the people are irate. One man says I have lived here 5 years and have NOT filed for any loan application. He thinks I am a scammer. I then get a woman who is very irate and says you have been scammed...I have not applied for any loan.

I start emailing and calling Wayne & Cristil of Citiwide...and guess what? No one returns my calls. Wayne has disappeared off the face of the earth...Wayne my friendly sales rep. I did get emails from the IT "Manager" who set up my account...and she tells me to contact customer service...who is closed for the day. I call today at 8:30 west coast time...and the person answers Good Afternoon - customer service. Which tells me they are east coast....or east somewhere.

I do a google map search for their address...and sure as another report I read on your site...their address is a liquor store and a computer repair facility. They apparently rent mailboxes.

I get a call today from Eric Johnson who says he is a supervisor. He claims there must be a problem with my campaign and he assures me any reports on this site are just disgruntled employees. He needs to have his IT dept dig into this and find out why my "campaign" is not working. He claims the owner is not in. He says their office is in Delaware. I ask why the owner isn't in if it's after noon back there. He can't answer that...and says I assure you the owner will be here today and he will call you back. Right. I am on my way to the bank to cancel my bank account so they can't get any further $$$. I am also going to notify my state's attorney general and I am going to file a complaint with the FBI. I just want to stop them from doing this to any other businesses.

Priscilla
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2009 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLG-Citywide-Lending-Group/Tarzana-California-91356/PriscillaCLG-Citywide-Lending-Group-I-am-victim-of-this-SCAM-Dont-get-hoodwinked-like-451789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLG ; Citywide Lending Group

I received a call Friday 5/15/09.
Todd from Citi Wide Lending..Has leads for Realtors 40.00 per lead. I was told that 5 was the minimum.
I was instructed to copy my check and fax to them in Tarzana Ca.
In addition, they want 10% on the back-end. I became suspisious and looked them up and discovered that they have ben doing this to Notaries, Insurance Reps and Realtors.
In additon, once they have your checking acct routing numbers they will continue to bill you $200 per month for new leads.