Complaint Review: climber.com

• Updated: Sat, December 17, 2011

• Reported By: Clifford T. — San Diego California USA
climber.com
701 B Street Suite 520 San Diego, California United States of America

climber.com Request for delete consumer record from Climber.com database declined San Diego, California

*Author of original report: Got our customer record deleted

*UPDATE Employee: Resolving the issue

*Author of original report: Give your name and I'll call you out at the phone number you gave

*UPDATE Employee: Climber is not a scam

I just called Climber.com to request that they remove my record from their database. They refused. I can unsubscribe from email, and they will mark their record to not call me, but they will NOT delete the record from their database.  Moreover, the guy hung up on me while I was being very calm and patient about it. He would not address my request to delete the record.

Do NOT use these people because they only pound you with email and phone calls to sell services related to job hunting for their income.  Also, do a google search on: climber.com scam.  You will find many complaints about this organization.  Do not provide them with your personal information.  They are not a temporary staffing agency or professional job hunters.  They are list builders using the consumer information to attract and sell to list buyers within the job search market as well as glean additional income from web site advertising.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2011 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/climbercom/San-Diego-California-92101/climbercom-Request-for-delete-consumer-record-from-Climbercom-database-declined-San-Die-809843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on climber.com

Got our customer record deleted

AUTHOR: Clifford T. - (USA)

Dear World:

As a result of using Ripoff Report, we got the attention and concern of CLIMBER.COM who has complied with our request, by this process, to delete our customer record.  We received today an email from CLIMBER.COM employee Susan G. who states: "I received your voicemail and tried to call you back, however the system would not let me leave a message. I have deleted your account from our system and you should not get contacted again. Since we have complied with you request in a timely manner, we would appreciate it if you would remove the complaints from the websites you posted on."

Only time will tell if the spam email stops coming and the phone calls.  We never received an apology from the rude guy in customer service about this issue and his hanging up on our phone call.  I regret we didn't get his name so we could call him out and make him accountable with Susan G.

Dear reader, take time to review all comments submitted by many consumers about CLIMBER.COM and then with great caution make your choice about engaging this organization for service.  We are thankful that Susan G. could find the way to disconnect us from their organization by deleting our record from the database.  Getting opted out and removed from any database should not require this much process.

Thank you Ripoff Report for being available to help with this process.  Thank you Susan G. for the courtesy to comply.

Kind regards to everyone,

Clifford T.

Resolving the issue

AUTHOR: Climbercom - (United States of America)

Unfortunately Clifford T. is not enough information to look you up in our system. My name is Shannon so please give me a call and I will delete your account. 619-618-4205.

Give your name and I'll call you out at the phone number you gave

AUTHOR: Clifford T. - (USA)

Mr. Employee #1:

You responded but did not address me by name which is provided at the top of this complaint.

Every thing I said is true and I did experience your company rude customer service, and they did NOT comply with my request to delete the record as you suggest can be done.

Provide your name, please, to this rebuttal and I'll call you out directly at the phone number you provided here, and we'll have you delete the contact record.

Sincerely,

Clifford T.

Climber is not a scam

AUTHOR: Climbercom - (United States of America)

In response to this claim, Climber.com does have the ability to remove a user's information if requested. Since Climber does not know who the complaint is from, we cannot investigate the claims made against us with the client's information. Climber strives to always respect it's client's requests within our Terms of Service listed on the website.

Climber is also not a list builder. It is a recruiter networking site for job seekers that sends their information to companies coming to Climber senior level candidates off of the platform. Climber also provides it's members with proactive tools to enhance their job search and connect with hiring entities at the companies they want to work for.

If this consumer would like to handle the problem he experienced directly with Climber, we can be reached at 619-618-4205.