- Report: #716488
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: climber.com
climber.comInternet United States of America
climber.com Risk-Free Trial Cancellation Trap, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I noticed Climber.com was charging my business debit card $39.99 for the past 2 months, when I cancelled the trial in less than 2 weeks. When I contacted them today, they claimed they did not show where I had cancelled online, nor did they have a confirmation code for me. I didn't have a confirmation number, either.
When I was told they would not refund my $79.98 becasue I obviously didn't complete the cancellation process, I asked exactly what needed to be done that I had not "completed." I was sent the following email to assist with my cancellation this time.
"You can cancel your account online by completing the following steps:
1) Login to your Climber Account at http://www.Climber.com/login
2) Select account icon on the top right corner- next to the help icon
3) Open up the drop down, click on account preferences
4) Select Current Subscription
5) Select Suspend Account
6) Cancel my account but save my information
7) Submit changes
8) Are your sure you wish to proceed?
9) Select Yes
10) On the top of the page, you will receive a confirmation number to save for your records
Please note that the day you cancel is the day your account becomes inactive and stops all future billing. Please contact client services at 800.374.0120 if you have any further questions."
In my original cancellation, I remember working all the way through the steps and finding my way to SUBMIT CHANGES. However, I do NOT recall the "Are you sure you wish to proceed" step. Perhaps that's how they are able to bill our debit and credit cards, then refuse to refund our money when we can't produce a "confirmation code."
Like the other consumer, I am now attempting to get a refund -- but through my bank.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2011 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/climbercom/internet/climbercom-Risk-Free-Trial-Cancellation-Trap-Internet-716488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.