Complaint Review: Climber.com

• Updated: Sun, March 16, 2014

• Reported By: Css hater — Camarillo California
Climber.com
701 B Street, Suite 540 San Diego, California USA

Climber.com won't leave me alone. They keep e-mailing me after I clicked unsubscribe. San Diego California

Under California law, is a worker (especially one who is currently employed and is not even an active jobseeker) obligated to provide a current resume to any company that demands it, or is this voluntary?

Under California law, is a company allowed to demand a current resume from worker (especially one who is currently employed and is not even an active jobseeker), or do they have to give the worker the option to say "No, thank you, I decline your service; now, please leave me alone."?

Several years ago, I posted a resume on Climber.com, which subsequently told me that a few recruiters had sent me messages through their site, and that I would have to pay to be able to read the messages.  I contacted one of the recruiters another way and found out that the recruiter thought that reading the messages was free for jobseekers and that only the recruiters paid, meaning (1) the recruiter was paying to be able to send (freely) readable messages, and was not receiving that service, and (2) the recruiter would not be inclined to contact me another way, because the recruiter erroneously believed I was choosing not to respond.

I thought I gotten my account terminated.

Recently, they have been sending me e-mail telling me to give them a current resume.  I clicked the unsubscribe link on the spam, repeatedly, many times, but continue to receive their messages.

Do I have the right to refuse to participate in their site, and to withhold my resume from them?  Or are they entitled to demand the resume of anyone they want?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2014 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Climbercom/San-Diego-California-92101/Climbercom-wont-leave-me-alone-They-keep-e-mailing-me-after-I-clicked-unsubscribe-San-1131079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Climber.com