Complaint Review: Clint Young Construction - Clint Young

• Submitted: Tue, October 07, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Reported By:BARTLESVILLE Oklahoma
Clint Young Construction - Clint Young
1001 Macklyn Lane Bartlesville, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Clint Young Construction - Clint Young Breech of contract and negligent damages done to our home Bartlesville Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: Misprint on Rebuttal

*UPDATE Employee: Not ruined property in Bartlesville

Well when you hire a roofer or a construction company be sure you never take their word for anything. We hired Clint Young construction to replace a roof for us..he assured us he was bonded and insured which we found out later was a bold face lie.(one of many he has told) He uses his dads (Ed Young) good name and reputation to get jobs but falls short of measuring up to his dad.

First off he bid a job for four days and it took him over four weeks. Showing up for work was a real issue. He would tear the old roof off and leave it exposed to the elements and just not come for days to cover or replace. Well we got screwed royally by him and his crew...our roof was uncovered and we got a huge rain storm which left our wood plank ceilings and carpeting ruined. He demanded to be paid even though he damaged our home.

He was so not bothered by the fact that he just damaged other peoples property. Well we started checking our video surveillance cameras to find out when he actually came to work and to our surprise we saw very little work (lots of brakes) and him and his crew was rolling marijuana on our back deck and smoking pot instead of working. Yet he expected to be paid for this? They left the old tar paper on which was supposed to be replaced per contract. Our yard looked like a tornado hit it with all the trash they threw around.

Yet in the beginning before he took the job he assured us that we would never be inconvienenced as the homeowners but we soon spent all our free time cleaning up after this slob. He takes absolutely no pride in his work and I'm sure he has no idea of what "work ethic" means. We also found out through Jerry wassmiller that he tried to get him to sell him a policy and back date it which was against jerry wassmillers ethics.

Clint admitted his negligence in the damage to our home. He signed another contact stating he would fix these issues with our home totally at his expense by October 1,2008 well needless to say the contact number he left for us a girl will get on the phone and call you every white trash name she can pull out of her limited vocabulary and you will never get a return call from Clint Young.

This guy is a swindler and a liar, I would never trust or hire him again not even to take out my trash or clean a catbox!

Swindled by Clint Young In Bartlesville!
BARTLESVILLE, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2008 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clint-Young-Construction-Clint-Young/Bartlesville-Oklahoma-74003/Clint-Young-Construction-Clint-Young-Breech-of-contract-and-negligent-damages-done-to-ou-379175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clint Young Construction - Clint Young

Misprint on Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Clint and Kelsey - (United States of America)

I'm sorry. I was extremely mad when I read these lies from these people and got my words mixed up. He turned in the more expensive estimate to his insurance, had the cheaper one to pay and still couldn't manage that simple task.

Not ruined property in Bartlesville

AUTHOR: Clint and Kelsey - (United States of America)

First of all, I know from experience that Clint Young takes pride in his work. More than anyone will ever know. Mr.Mahlo stated that his workmanship was outstanding and that he couldn't have done the work. You just cant expect to get something for nothing. In which is what these home owners wanted.  I personally have been on that roof and helped hold flashlights as late as 11:00pm. He put the hours in that their son or one other worker did not. Clint had in over 200 hours of just himself on their roof. Their lawn and property was completely spottless! I watched everyone clean up that yard and there was not one piece of paper or nails or anything. He did keep the roof covered! The water damage was from a preexisting hole in their decking, in which we have pictures of and they hadn't even gotten to yet. It is a homeowners claim, not insurance fraud. WE also have reciepts to where Mr.Mahlo had Clint write him more than one estimate for his insurance company. He turned the cheaper one to his insurance.

On top of everything else. I have also personally put a protection order on Phillip Eugene Mahlo for stalking and harassment. One day after picking up our kids from the same school, he tried to run me off the road with my child and my infant in the car. There are two police station calls from me as well as a 911 call. After I finally got away from him on the highway, he drove by our home in Bartlesville. I got Clint as he drove by for the second time. He told us he was going to start killing people.

Mr. and Mrs. Mahlo are very disturbed people, to want to mess with a pregnant woman, an infant and a 12 year old boy. We also have a letter from the elementary school from 2008 where Mr. Mahlo harassed our 12 year old after school every day.