Complaint Review: closeout.com

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 25, 2009

• Reported By:Boise Idaho
Internet U.S.A.

closeout.com LIED to me -- accepted order, charged my card, then cancelled my order Internet

Do not shop at this internet site -- www.closeout.com I ordered an item; they immediately charged my credit card and promised a quick ship. Two weeks later, the item still had not shipped. They cancelled my order and said that the item was out of stock. This was not true. I checked with the provider of the product and they had forty in stock.

Customer Service - what a joke! Many e-mails and phone calls that were not responded to netted me complications and service charges on my credit card and they lied to me about the product not being available. This was a furniture item and the price was significant -- $500. Weeks later, I do not have the product that they promised me.

This looks like a respectable shopping site. In reality, I believe it is just a couple of guys with poor English in a back room somewhere. THEY ARE DISHONEST AND THEY ARE PULLING A SCAM ON THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/closeoutcom/internet/closeoutcom-LIED-to-me-accepted-order-charged-my-card-then-cancelled-my-order-Intern-473264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on closeout.com