Complaint Review: Club Fit

• Updated: Sun, August 04, 2013

• Reported By: steve — weston Florida
Club Fit
9900 Griffin Road coopercity, Florida USA

Club Fit Unauthorized auto debit to a customers personal bank account coopercity Florida

I originally paid all cash for an 18 month membership at Club Fit in Cooper city.  During the year I wrote a $26 check to the club for a miscellaneous fee.  When my membership was about to expire, the gym took the information from my check without my knowledge and authorization and debited my personal checking account for a renewal of my membership.  I never agreed to renew my membership and never gave them my account number.

My bank issued a non-authorized debit memo to their bank & the money was refunded to me.  The owners of the gym will not acknowledge they did anything wrong, so I did not renew my membership.

However, what they did was immoral, unethical & illegal.  I had never authorized them to either renew my membership or debit my personal checking account.  I never gave them my account information. They saved an old check of mine and took the account information from the check with out my knowledge.

I only hope all members of Club Fit check & monitor their fees and accounts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Club-Fit/coopercity-Florida-33328/Club-Fit-Unauthorized-auto-debit-to-a-customers-personal-bank-account-coopercity-Florida-1072940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Club Fit