• Report: #1132090

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: CEH — ST louis Missouri
Club Fittness
12 Hampton Village ST Louis, Missouri USA

Club Fittness Read your contact very carefully as the purposely mislead clients using the old bait and switch! ST Louis Missouri

I went into Club Fittness and explained that I saw their ad for a $10.99 montly membership and would like to sign up. I was in a bit of a hurry because I had my first session with a personal trainer immediately following my enrollement. Not having time to carefully read the entire agreement I foolishly trusted that I'd been given what I asked for which was $10.99 per month with no contract. A few weeks later I noticed that $20.00 was debited from my account for membership fees. I called and was told to simply come in and they would downgrade me to the $10.99 membership that I requested. When I came in however I was told by a manager that I was in a 1 year contract at $20.00 per month and there was nothing he could do to help me. I tried explaining that I never asked to be signed up for that membership. I also explained that since I was pregnant I wasn't able to take advantage of most of the benefits offered with the more expensive membership. None if it made a difference to him. He was arrogant, unprofessional, and at times rude. I also tried contacting costomer service but they were every bit as unprofessional and unhelpful as the manager from the gym location. This company clearly does not care about customer service nor do they care about doing the right thing. They purposly mislead people and I suspect that the reason they are able to get away with it is because most of their clientel is very young and in most cases less likely to take action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Club-Fittness/ST-Louis-Missouri-63109/Club-Fittness-Read-your-contact-very-carefully-as-the-purposely-mislead-clients-using-the-1132090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Club Fittness