Complaint Review: Club Metro USA

• Reported By: Zhanna — Parlin New Jersey
Club Metro USA
3857 U.S. 9 Old Bridge Township, Select State/Province USA

Club Metro USA over charged Old Bridge Township New Jersey

I signed up at this gym on November 7th 2013. Paid. A week later i brought my daughter and signed her up also. When i was signing up, i asked about yoga classes. The girl tolde me it was about $30 a month extra. I declined and proceeded to sign my daughter up. Then the girl asked if we would like to pay in advance $39 for yearly club maintanace fees, or we can pay later. I agreed to pay right away. No contract was given to me. I was charged the correct ammounts for both of us in December 2013. Come January 2014, my bank shows that i was charged double $44 for mr and $44 for my daughter. Then February 10th i was charged the correct fees of $21 + for me and same for my daughter.

And, get this, they charged me again on February 18th $59 for each. I called. They said that my debit card was declined. I went to the bank, spoke to one of the workers there, they checked everything, printed everything out for me and said there was no reason for my card to be declined. I spoke to Jay Jay in customer service and he stated that he would refund the etra $19 each for January. But he could not do anything about both $59 fees because they were pending. Nothing was refunded. I went back to the gym and tried t speak to one of the managers. The answer was - "What do you want me to do about it. There is nothing i can do (very rude and his words excactly)"

Mind you that everything was taking place at the desk,not in the office. I got very agravated and said i want to cancel this membership. When one of the other "managers" heard it, she took me into the office. and said that she will help and will give me a call back, She called me the next day and said that i signed up for youga classes! I said i did no such thing. The only yoga cklass i took was complimetary with Debbie. She said she will call me back. It was a week ago. Every time i call and ask to speak with her, i get transfered and she hangs up on me without speaking to me. Today i finally got to speak to someone else, who WOULD NOT LET ME SPEAK, told me everything is my fault.

I should have checked my back account earlier. I did, but there is no one to help you there. I know i definately had money in the bank, even my print out from the bank stated that. The worker at the bank even highlited everything for them, they still say i did not have money. But even if i did not (which i did), he said that if they get the payment even 2 days late, they chharge you $19 late fee! Who does that?! I understand if they did not get a payment in a month, that is different, but 2 days? I told him that i file a complaint with BBB, and the answer was:" I don't care. We have 8 thousand members. So if some don't like it - tough". Horrible customer service!!!!!

Also, besides this, they put all the spinning equipment in cardio room. So every time they have a class, you will get thrown out of there. I only do cardio, and can only come at a certain time.  Plus, the equipment is so close together that you end up hitting elbows with the person next to you. What is the point of me paying and not being able to work out? So the answer to that  - deal with it! They pay for classes. So, i pay too, and? First couple of times i came with my daughter, there was no antiseptic wipes. The gave us stupid brown paper towel. What good does it do?  If you want to sign up, they will kiss your butt. But if you have a problem - good lick. Their billing practices ar a HUGE RIPOFF!

I wish someone would do a class action law suit. They are thieves. Oh, and by the way, my husband also belongs to club metro, and his locker was broken in to and $160 was stolen. When cops came, they said to the manager that they already have 6 reports regarding this and they better do someting about it. And guess what they did - they put up a sign that they are not responcible for the locker room. They said to leave your wallet in the car!  So, when you do go there, make sure you carry everything with you or leave the stuff in the car when it is frees=zing and risk your car to be broken into! Smart!!!!v PLEASE BEWARE! DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM! tHEY WILL FIND A WAY TO OVER CHARGE YOU FOR SOMETHING ONLY BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP AND BECAUSE THEY CAN!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Club-Metro-USA-/-Old-Bridge-Township-Select-StateProvince-NJ-08857/Club-Metro-USA-over-charged-Old-Bridge-Township-New-Jersey-1127054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Club Metro USA