Complaint Review: clubwpt

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Dave — albany New York United States of America
clubwpt
5700 wilshire blvd. los angeles, California United States of America

clubwpt They do not award promised value of winnings from poker tournaments los angeles, California

In August of 2012 I won a Tag Heuer watch in a poker tournament. Supposedly the watch that I won had a retail value of 2300.00.I did not claim the watch until January of 2013.In order to claim the watch I had to sign a tax w9 form in order for them to send me the watch.Upon receiving the watch I checked as many places as I could, Jewelry stores and internet included,as to the real value of the watch as I wanted to possibly sell the watch in order to pay the taxes due and maybe have a little cash left over.In my search(over 20 different watch retailers) I found out that the watch they sent me was worth retail between 900 and at best 1400.

I advised them of my findings but to no avail.They have ignored me and have reiterated that my w9 was going to read 2300.00.I was only interested in getting fair value for the watch that they advertised and I won in the tournament.Nothing more. I don't know for a fact but I assume they are over valuing all watches and other items they give winners of their tournaments that would support their claim of giving out over 100 thou a month in prizes.My attorney(my daughter) has sent a letter to the IRS and Federal trade commission to inquire about the legality of their practices.The watch I am referring to is a Tag Heuer model WAF1011.BA0822.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/clubwpt/los-angeles-California-/clubwpt-They-do-not-award-promised-value-of-winnings-from-poker-tournaments-los-angeles-1014139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on clubwpt