Complaint Review: CNAC (JD Byrider)

• Submitted: Thu, November 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2007

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
CNAC (JD Byrider)
4220 South State Street Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

CNAC (JD Byrider) Ripoff ridiculous interest rates, unreliable cars Salt Lake City Utah

I was 18 years old at the time and didn't have any credit established. After going to several dealerships to try to get a first time buyer loan on a car, I found DJ Byrider. The sign said for people with no credit or bad credit and only a $90 down payment to take the car home that day. So after looking around at cars, they told me I only qualified for a stationwagon or an 01' sonata. Of course I went with the Sonata.

After we did all of the paper work, they said I needed a co-signer. My husband at the time had worse credit than me (he even had a repo on his credit) and they let him co-sign. Which didn't make a whole lot of sense if you ask me. So my interest was about 24%. I had no choice so I went with it.

After a few days I would fill up my gas tank all the way. I would just drive to work and back (not speeding or anything) and within 2 days it would be on empty. I knew something was wrong because I shouldn't have to put $40 in gas every two days. So that's when my car started having problems. It would just die while I would be driving on the free way. That was extremely scary. Then it would die at a light that i would be turning at. So after taking it in to a couple machanics, they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

We figured it was just the battery because it would just die. So we bought a couple batteries. They would drain instantly so we bought a new alternator. I had no way of getting to work because my car kept dying. After that time I did get a divorce so I was trying to pay the bills by myself. With my car not being driveable and no way to get to work, I ended up losing my job then after missing a month's car payment the car got repossessed because I didn't have a job. It took about a month to find a new job, but before I was able to get a new one I ended up getting evicted because I couldn't make rent or pay my bills.

I owe about $9000 on a used 01 Sonata. JD Byrider wouldn't even let me come get my stuff that was in my car. They said they put my stuff in storage but wouldn't tell me where to go pick it up. With all the other problems that happened with this company screwing me over financially and losing some possessions in the car, I am about $13000 in debt ($9000 for the car and $4000 for being evicted). I can't go to college and I most likely have to file for bankruptsy. This is not how I wanted to start out my life. I would advise buying from JD Byrider or anybody that has ANYTHING to do with CNAC.

Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2007 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CNAC-JD-Byrider/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84107/CNAC-JD-Byrider-Ripoff-ridiculous-interest-rates-unreliable-cars-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-282473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CNAC (JD Byrider)