Complaint Review: Coach Bob Fitzgerald

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Trusting guy — Arlington Virginia
Coach Bob Fitzgerald
1160 Pittsford Victor Rd Bldg, A Pittsford, NY 145 Arlington, Virginia USA

Coach Bob Fitzgerald Claims to be a Real Estate Lead provider. It is not. don't fall in to the trap Pitsford New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Recent Advice for Clients

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We can't take listings for you

This company calls real estate agents and promises themto call the expired listings and For Sale by Owners and make appointments for the indevidule agent which by the way the lie and say only one agent per area. they also said that there is a six months gurantee and can cancel if not completley satisfied. I paid $5,000 pluse enroled in another company to get the phone numbers of so called potential clients for $500 per year. I recieved a handful of e mails from them . All FSBO. Two of them were under impression that I was bringing in a buyer. A lie from the begining. You can only imagine how that flies with the seller. the rest were phone interviews. I always pre-qualify my sellers. I could not qualify any of these sellers. They were simply not motivated.

In October of 2012, end of my six months satisfaction garuntee time, I send C----, the sales manager an e mail requesting my money back. I was told Mr. Fitzgereld is the only one who can issue refunds. She gave me his e mail address. I send that man and e mail and sometimes two per week until he wrote back to me in March of 2013 saying he will look in to it and will get back to me by the end of that week. Never happened. I continued my weekly e mails until May when I finaly was fed up. I asked for my money back and told him that i will be going on sites such as this one and start bloging about their services. I received an e mail from him within three minutes saying this;

I do not respond to threats. your comments have been forwarded back to our atterny and I promiss you that appropiate actions will be taken against you. This will be the only communication with you.

Bob Fitzgereld

Sent from my iphone

I am not done with this person and I have my atterny take careof him . meanwhile don't fall in to any traps.

My loss is your gain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coach-Bob-Fitzgerald/Arlington-Virginia-22201/Coach-Bob-Fitzgerald-Claims-to-be-a-Real-Estate-Lead-provider-It-is-not-dont-fall-in-1053288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coach Bob Fitzgerald

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Recent Advice for Clients

AUTHOR: Bob Fitzgerald - ()

Good morning partners!

Yes, I called you partners.  We are in this together.  The nominal fee we charge to get a client involved in our program doesn't even come close to covering the cost involved in running a prospecting organization.  The real pay off for BOTH of us are all those referral fees!   You win with the commissions and we win with the referral fees so we really need you as much as you need us.   Partners!

After 4 years of prospecting for agents just like yourselves, I can tell you this;  your job is harder than our job.  We do the exact same thing for each client every day and some of our partners take listings and get them sold in high volume while some don't seem to know the first thing about what's involved in converting a prospecting based appointment but the good news is the changes in the real estate market will make it easier for everyone but there are challenges we need to address together.

CHANGES IN THE MARKET… GREAT NEWS!

The real estate market has changed dramatically for the "better" over the last 60 days nationwide.  The spring market had fueled what was an already improving market.  In many ways most markets are better than ever:

1)    Listings are selling faster and for prices that are much more acceptable to sellers leading to fewer objections on a listing appointment.

2)    The conversion time from setting an appointment to getting paid is much shorter for an agent.

3)    The percentage of listings that are selling compared to the total listing inventory is much higher.  Good listings will sell.

4)    FSBO sellers are listing quickly with commissions built into their prices and still getting offers.

5)    The average days on the market is has decreased so agents can take shorter listing terms and still get properties sold making the presentation much easier.

6)    The media buzz has people talking about and getting excited about buying or selling their homes making PC/COI calls better than ever.  1 in 10 will know somebody talking about making a move.

7)    The media buzz also improves the quality and             quantity of leads and appointments generated from JL/JS calls.

8)    The media buzz encourages leads generated by cold calling or cold door knocking to be much more likely to list rather than simply agree to a market evaluation.

9)    Old expired listings are coming back into the market as prices approach acceptable levels.

10)   Although I have focused on listings, the number of buyer  leads have also increased in both increased in quality and quantity.

I focused on MY top 10 benefits for real estate agents based on the changes in the market.  There are many more BUT adjustments need to be made.  I have “coached” top agents going back to 1994 and I’ve seen many individual markets change for the better or for the worst.  Agents can make a lot of income in BOTH a good market or a bad market but not without adjusting.  I’ve seen the great “prospectors” in a down market go out of business in a good market and the great “buyer agents” go out of business in a down market.

The key is simply to be aware and make the adjustments quickly.  We are a prospecting based company.  We have over 200 clients in our schedule and we must make the same adjustments that an agent would to take advantage of the market conditions.

CHANGES IN THE MARKET… GREAT NEWS!

1)    Expired Listings:  In a down market there is a high percentage of motivated sellers willing to reduce their prices to get their home sold. Calling expired listings is one of the best sources of new business for many top agents.  As the market improves, the percentage of sellers on the expired list will continue to decline.  The number of contacts it takes to find a good listings appointment doubles and the expired list itself continues to get smaller and smaller.  I am advising that our clients who only work with expired listings consider adding other forms of prospecting in addition to making expired listing calls.  It is a numbers game and the numbers may not be in your favor.  It doesn’t matter if you call or if we call for you

2)    For Sale By Owners!:  FSBO sellers become the easiest and best source of listings in a good market.  Fact:  MOST FOR SALE BY OWNERS eventually list in any market so it really is a matter of follow up.  However, in a good market, they will list much faster because in many cases an agent can get them a number that is acceptable with includes a commission.  In addition, an agent can take much shorter listing term like 60 or 90 days and still get the home sold eliminating a long listing agreement which is a real plus for the FSBO type seller.  We are insisting that all off our clients send us their FSBO listings!  It is the easiest commission in real estate in a good market.  If you are not comfortable with the FSBO then you should develop that skill quickly or you may find yourself another casualty of the changing market.

3)    OLD EXPIRED LISTINGS:  Going back even 2-3 years with a cold call approach becomes very productive in a good market.  We are also advising all of our clients to go back further than just the typical 90 days.  The leads that we are finding are ready to go.

4)    BUYER PROSPECTING:  In a good market, top agents go from perhaps one buyer’s agent to a team of buyer’s agents.  Why?  Because the buyer leads are such that the agent simply can’t keep up with all the leads.  We’ve been calling buyer leads for many of our clients upon request with great success.  Leads sources like Tiger Leads, Boomtown and others provide anywhere from a few dozen to a few hundred buyer leads per month.  We can call them, qualify their motivation and time frame and then follow up until they are ready to set up an appointment with you.  In most cases, the agent doesn’t follow up with any of these leads if they are not ready to go right away.  The others are a gold mine for us if our company is doing the follow up.

5)    JL/JS CALLS/ COLD CALL:  The only other source of prospecting is cold calling in areas where you are listing and selling homes.  Our client coordinator may insist that you send up JL/JS list to call for you.  Although it takes us much longer to generate these appointments, there is usually very little competition with other agents for these listings.

Again, we are partners.  We can’t take the listings nor get them sold for you and we can’t force you to help us… help you… but we are in this together

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We can't take listings for you

AUTHOR: Bob Fitzgerald - ()

It is interesting, we do the exact same thing every day for all of our clients.  Most take listings.  Some don't.  It is that simple.

What does almost every company in the USA have in common?

Online attacks from people that only tell their side of the story! Companies can’t prevent these attacks in today’s online age BUT they can tell the other side of the story…  Decide for yourself.

FACT:  Prospecting isn’t new… nor is it complicated!

FACT:  We have hundreds of clients that love the service that we provide and the tens of thousands of dollars that they’ve made working with us!  Anyone interested in our service can talk to as many of these references as they need to be sure they don’t lose out on listing after listings simply because a handful of agents out of hundreds choose to tell their one sided story on sites like this.

FACT:  As I type this, we have over 300 agents in our prospecting schedule and by comparison we have had very, very few complaints.

FACT:  In today’s day and age, most companies have people that complain on web sites like this.  The only reason I took the time to reply was so that a handful of people with slanderous, single sided stories can’t rob you of what others have called the single best investment they’ve ever made.

FACT:  YOU ARE SMART!   Simply read my reply and ask yourself… Does what I wrote make sense?   This is my side of the story.

MY REPLY is very simple.  Just think for a moment about what we do.  We Call.  We are telemarketers “calling” for sale by owners and expired listings.  Prospecting isn’t complicated at all.  If you’d like to see what our prospecting looks like watch this video. You’ll see that it is very simple and not complicated.

www.prospectingworks.com

If you hired a telemarketer to work form your office, what would they do?  What would you do?  You would give them a list of people to call… they would call and set appointments and you’d make the presentation, handle the seller’s objections and get the listing.  Right?  You see, prospecting isn’t complicated.

So why do some agents that have a problem with this?  We have set thousands of appointments for real estate agents there are 4 reasons that agents do not succeed and then post their complaints on sites like this one. Decide for yourself who is at fault.

FACT:  We do not want our telemarketers to be the real estate “expert.”  That is the agent’s job.  Our telemarketers do not discuss the current market with a seller.  Our telemarkters do not discuss the home prices with a seller.  Our telemarkters do not handle seller’s objections or answers sellers questions about the home selling process.  We let the agent be the agent and we simply make the appointment.

This is an actual example of an appointment that was sent to one of our clients… then listed and sold!

1. WHEN THE HOME SELLS, WHERE WILL YOU BE GOING?

Nana is already moved into her new home. She married her husband in August and they decided that he had the larger home, so they would move into his. Her home is now vacant, and she moved about a mile away.

2. IS YOUR HOME CURRENTLY LISTED WITH A REAL ESTATE AGENT?  No. The listing expired at the end of February, and Nana was very unhappy with the results from her realtor. She thought about leaving the home off of the market, but decided against that because she is extremely motivated to sell.

3. HOW SOON WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE THERE?

Nana is already in her new home, and she wants this home sold as soon as possible.

4. DO YOU HAVE AN ASKING PRICE IN MIND?

$307,900. She would like advice on her asking price though. She told me that she thinks she may have been overpriced because her agent started her at $316,000. She wants to make sure she is priced where she should be to get the home sold.

5. HOW MUCH DO YOU OWE ON THE PROPERTY?

As of October, Nana still owed $171,000. She has still been making payments on the home, so it is less than that now.

6. WHAT WILL YOU DO IF THE HOME DOESN’T SELL?

She hasn't even thought about that option. Right now, she really just wants to get the home sold and be free from it.

7. ARE YOU INTERVIEWING ANY OTHER AGENTS?  Not at the moment. Jeremy will be the first since her listing expired.

8. IF WHAT (AGENT) SAYS MAKES SENSE… ARE YOU PLANNING TO LIST THE HOME?

Yes. She is extremely motivated to get this home sold, so if she thinks that Jeremy will be more productive for her than her last agent, she will definitely re-list with them.

Again, prospecting isn’t new nor is it complicated.  There are 4 reasons that an agent will not take listings using our service.

1. The agent is too BUSY to actually do what it takes to follow up with the seller and convert the listing.  Expired listings and for sale by owners are being called by a lot of great agents every day.  It is very competitive and our telemarketers have to stand out to actually get the appointment for our clients.  We IMMEDIATELY send the appointment to the agent but if that agent doesn’t follow up right away and confirm the appointment… what do you think happens next?  If the agent doesn’t call back for days or in many cases even weeks then the seller doesn’t even remember that we ever called or loses interest and cancels the appointment.  Without diligent follow up… generating that appointment was a waste of time.  This is a challenge for some of our highest producers.  They may earn six and even seven figures in selling real estate but if they are too busy to follow up with our appointments then they are not going to get listings.

1. The second challenge that can be a problem with some of the highest producers is that they are already “buying leads” from many other sources.  Some have hundreds of leads from lead generation services, web leads, marketing leads, mailing leads, open houses leads, sign calls, Ad calls… etc.  The bottom line is that the top agents have so many leads that they don’t value nor follow up diligently with the expired listings and FSBO appointments that we set for them.   In most cases this type of agent couldn’t even provide any feedback on the appointments we set for them because they NEVER looked at the e-mail with the appointment to begin with..  I don’t have a problem with an agent having far more leads than they can handle but unlike these other sources of leads, my team may have spent 3 to 4 hours and invested hundreds of dials to finally set that appointment.  If they are too busy to open the e-mail or follow up with the seller to confirm the appointment then they aren’t going to like that I hold them accountable for not doing their job.  This is a partnership and they aren’t holding up their end of the bargin.

1. The most common problem that I’ve seen after setting thousands of appointments for agents is that some simply don’t have the skill to convert a prospecting based lead.  The first question that we ask every potential client is if they are comfortable with prospecting based appointments.  Have they worked with expired listings and for sale by owners in the past?   They are not “come list me” referrals.  It is not difficult to handle basic objections about the sellers price expectations or the fact that the seller may have a friend in the business but an agent doesn’t want to hear that other agents are listing the same type of appointments day in and day out.  It is easier to simply “trash” our appointments because the seller had some basic objections rather then educate the sellers and take listings.  I’ve spent more than a decade coaching agents and the bottom line is that if they can’t help a seller see the benefit of listing with them then they are going to have to stick with working with buyers.  There was an agent that posted that we sent him 52 appointments and he didn’t take a listing so the program is a scam.  Never once did it cross his mind that he only helped prove my point.  We can set the appointments but we can’t take the listings.  Most agents in our program would have listed at least a dozen of the exact same appointments.  Again, only a handful of the hundreds of clients we are prospecting for complain at all.

1. Finally, how about common sense!  If you hire a telemarketer you’ll need to provide them with phone numbers...  If you don’t want an appointment in a particular area, don’t put that seller on your list… If you want to be in the call schedule this week, make sure we have your numbers on … We work on referrals, you will have to communicate when you take listings or we will stop calling until you do…

When an agent writes a post that says they only received 6 appointments in 3 months… they never tell you that they haven’t sent in their numbers for 2 months and ignored all attempts to get feedback on any listings they’ve taken from the appointments they did get.  There is ALWAYS more to the story.  Imagine a site like this for your sellers.  The seller wants way more for the home than it is worth… they refused all the advice you gave them about the market and price reductions but they still went online to complain that you didn’t do anything to sell their house and that people should beware of listings with you.  You’d simply direct them to sellers who took your advice and were thrilled with your service!  If you are still unsure about our service, e-mail me and I’ll arrange for you to talk to as many agents as it takes to see that they are making thousands and thousands of dollars with us and you can too!

Bob Fitzgerald