Complaint Review: Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House

• Updated: Wed, August 14, 2013

• Reported By: Brad Jensen — South Salt Lake City Utah
Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House
1301 S State St Salt Lake City, UT 84115 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House Coachman's Restaurant Coachmans Beware of the Sanitary of this establishment/ Mike Nickols is a thief and serves expired food! Salt Lake City Utah

I am writing in regards for the consumers out there.  Coachmans Restaurant is not a healthy place to eat at and the owner is very unethical individual who treats the waitress like crap and customers wonder why the service is poor! The morale is defenitely way down, "why" it is because the way it is ran and operated by Mr. Mike Nickols.  On July 24th we celebrated the parade and we decided to eat breakfast there at Coachmans and when doing so the atmosphere was very dimmed as I ate there before wasn't too impressed with the service and food sad to say that my sister had worked there.  That's why I knew the waitress were treated like garbage and my sister checks was always wrong! She told Mr. Mike that if it continues that she would report him to the hour and wage the labor commission. He would claim that her breaks where deducted and other servers did not have deductions out of their checks.  Finally he paid but after she had to jump through loops and finally decided to pay her what was rightfully hers and earned. However that is another incident only tells you the eithical actions of the owner of Mike Nickols of this establishment and how he operates. So we ate breakfast and durring the service the waiter hardly even stopped by our table as we needed more drinks.  So we all decided to blow this joint and get out.  As we checked out like how they asked us 'how was everything?'  "Really want to know," I stated. She looked at me with a grin said, "I understand and know." So as we left our stomach had a knot in it as something was not digesting very well.  Within a hour all three of us had food posion!!!!  We had filed a complaint with the board of health. First we gave the courtesy first to contact the manager but we lucked out we reached the owner Mike Nickols.  He was very rude and very forthcoming stating how his restaurant was the best and had the best Culinary chiefs in Utah.  Come to find out he was the cook!  We'll Mr. Nikols need to either take classes on cooking and cook your meat longer specially the pork and chicken!!! Kill someone someday! Plus I noticed the silverware was not so clean so anyone that eats there take a good look at the fork and spoon your putting into your mouth.  Not to mention in the past awhile ago when my sister worked there he never would wash his hands after using the restroom according to other male employees and just hear the toilet flush then he would walk right out.  When I spoke to Mr. Nickols I started to laugh as I kept my voice at a civil tone.  How can all 3 of us get sick after we ate at your establishment, more like Kitchen Nightmare need Chief Ramsey I swear to investigate that place.  As I write this the investigator informed me that this was not the first incident that they had with that restaurant or complaints by customers coming down with something after eating their food. Make sure it's thoroughly cooked and bring your own fork and spoon!!! Better yet don't eat there eat some where else!  Beware!!!  All I wanted is to inform him about the food and he thought I wanted compensation or something the idiotic penny pincher! Upon further investigation found that others complain how he treats the females there and how they are degraded.  Also one that still works there informed my sister that still has contact with Coachmans Restaurant is being sued by Wasatch Security Company that provided service and he will not pay! Maybe I will make a call to them and get more details to add to this commentary.  I'm not surprised as the headache my sister went through to collect her paycheck and also to get the accurate paycheck.  Guess from the current employee that still works there stated that things are getting better she stated only because of several different investigations that are occurring with the labor commission and board of health. So Coachmans are not just a rip off but serves poor rotten uncooked food as the Manager owner is unethical individual!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coachmans-Dinner-Pancake-House/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Coachmans-Dinner-Pancake-House-Coachmans-Restaurant-Coachmans-Beware-of-the-Sanitary-o-1075757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House