Complaint Review: Coastcapital Financial Services

• Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: M.P. — Dobbins California
Coastcapital Financial Services
7362 Granville St Los Angeles, California USA

Coastcapital Financial Services, USA Mega, Allen Nelson, Sarah Martins International Sweepsteaks business Los Angeles California

I received a letter and a chack in the mail that after contacting the Bank that the check was drawn on was informed it was in fact, fradulant.  The letter was dated September 9, 2013 explaining that I had come in 2nd place in a drawing held July 10, 2013.  The amount I had won was $355,000.00 and that the check in the amount of $4,650.00 from the Silicon Valley Bank, at 3003 Tasman Dr., Santa Clara, CA 95054, the account holder of COGNOPTIX, INC., located at 20 Main Street, Acton, MA 01720 , was to help me pay for the processing fee of... $3,850.00.

I was advised to contact my Claim Agent:  Allen Nelson @ 1 604-761-0340 to start the claim processing and to activate my check.  It also warned me not to act on the notice until I spoke with my claim agent so as to avoid "cases of misappropriation and hishandling of winning. [continued below]....

.....  So signed by Sarah Martins, Promotion Manager.

As ususal when something seems too good too be true, it usually is.  My wife, who had previously worked in the wholesale banking, opted to call the bank that the check was issued from to verify the checks validity and to see if in fact the funds were available.  The Banks response was that the check was in fact fradulent and that their Fraud Department would look into the issue.

More concerned about what others could be mislead by this company, I chose to look for ways to report them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coastcapital-Financial-Services/Los-Angeles-California-95356/Coastcapital-Financial-Services-USA-Mega-Allen-Nelson-Sarah-Martins-International-Swee-1085037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coastcapital Financial Services