Complaint Review: Cobb EMC

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: bmac — Acworth Georgia
Cobb EMC
1000 EMC Parkway Marietta, Georgia USA

Cobb EMC Cobb EMC: The "Racket-Like" Electric Monopoly That Practices Economic Discrimination & Extortion Marietta Georgia

I receive an email to pay my bill. I paid the next morning. After I paid they disconnected my services and charged me $40!

I've been out of town for approximately 3 weeks. I received and email on December 18, 2013 that I needed to pay my electric bill. I wasn't able to get to a computer until the next morning. I logged in and paid on December 19, 2013 at approximately 8:10am. No alerts were on the screen when I logged in. The alert box just indicated that a disconnect email was pending to be sent, which I thought was odd since usually Cobb EMC notifies me through text message when my account is getting low.

After I paid I was curious as to what my electric bill was considering that I've been out of town. So I log back in and discover my services have been disconnected and that Cobb EMC is charging me an additional $40 to reconnect. I talk to Mila(1138) and James(1122), whom is apparently a supervisor to try and rectify the situation to no avail. They refused to refund the $40 reconnect fee, even though it wasn't disconnected when I paid the bill. I ask James whom their competitors are, and he says nobody and that they are the only service provider for my location.

This company is a monopoly and involved in "racket-like" practices. If they had a competitor they would not operate this way. Furthermore, I feel like I'm being discriminated against because of my economic status by them trying to strong arm me into paying erroneous fees I cannot afford. I am debating on filing suit. I'm sure with all the other complaints I've seen on the internet this would be an easy class action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cobb-EMC/Marietta-Georgia-30060/Cobb-EMC-Cobb-EMC-The-Racket-Like-Electric-Monopoly-That-Practices-Economic-Discrimina-1108247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cobb EMC