Complaint Review: Coby

• Updated: Thu, April 03, 2014

• Reported By: Curtis — WARETOWN New Jersey
Coby
1991 Marcus ave suite 301 Lake Success, New York USA

Coby Coby , Kryos A product that is still under warrenty - but the company cannot be reached by phone or email - out of business Lake Success New York

I ordered a Coby MID8048-4 tablet thru my visa rewards credit card program - I ordered it for my son that has a learning disability - it was recommend by his support counselor that it has been found that "tablets" or such has had success stories in helping students with sons degree of Autism help learn a their own pace. Well money is an issue for most families - but mine more so as we lost everything in hurricane Sandy - my home is still needs to be actually torn down and elevated - we have been displaced since the storm .. So since tablets are expensive I used my visa rewards to get him one- It was 35,000 points so it took years to get that many points ..

Anyway I ordered this for him in November 2013 and gave it to him for Christmas - every since he got the charger didn't seem to fit right - it didn't click into place always seemed loose - well it eventually broke off - and as you know the charger for this is a needle type charger unlike most others like a USB or such - well I have been trying to buy a new charger since it broke - staples/ office depot , Walmart - nobody carries a charger that fits - So I even tried ebay and ordered one - but it came and it is not the right one - The warranty is a one year - but all the phone numbers that are listed on the warranty are not for Coby tech support - but a telemarketing company trying to tell me I was the lucky caller and I won a trip to the Bahamas !!! I am just trying to get a new charger or a replacement product - but company is out of business or cant be reached and i have seen other blogs or complaints about them as well.

The  serial # 113120034534 -

I have a son that was finally seeming to be enjoying reading and learning and playing games and then it broke and I can't afford another one and it was only used for a month. I having been trying to take care of it myself by buying a new charger but you cant even do that. I called the visa reward center and they couldn't help me because they only replace or exchange for 30 days and since I ordered it before Christmas and then gave as a gift too much time passed.  please tell me what I can do about this?

Curtis,

Waretown , NJ

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2014 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coby-/Lake-Success-New-York-11042/Coby-Coby-Kryos-A-product-that-is-still-under-warrenty-but-the-company-cannot-be-rea-1136117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coby