Complaint Review: COBY

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: Lynda D. — Schnecksville Pennsylvania
COBY
989 E. 23rd Street Carson, California USA

COBY/ COBY Consumer Returns Unable to contact Coby for status update on my returned tablet. Web contact address undeliverable and phone number doesn't take you to a person. Carson California

I bought my teenage son a Coby tablet for Christmas 2012. In August 2013, there was a problem with the screen.  I contacted tech support (as the warranty specified) and was told to send my tablet to Coby Consumer Returns.  I sent the unit back with a copy of the receipt, explanation of the problem, all of my necessary contact details (name, phone# and address) and sent the $15 money order (as specified by Coby).

UPS attempted the delivery to the Carson, CA address, but Coby had apparently moved/relocated.  [Amazing how they didn't know they didn't know they were going to be moving, a month after my phone call?!?!?!]   UPS had to locate the new address and made the delivery. It was delievered to Baldwin Park, CA, on 9/3/13, signed by "PRECIADO".  I have been trying to contact Coby to get a status update on my tablet.  The web address doesn't work; it was returned undeliverable.  The phone number tells you to go to their website, then hangs up on you.

I am beginning to think I'm never going to see my tablet again, after seeing all these reports of similar issues!  I don't have money to throw around.  I am a single mother of two kids and live paycheck to paycheck.  If they don't want to fix it or send me a new one, all I want is my $15 back and my old tablet.  Freaking ridiculous.  I will NEVER buy another Coby product again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COBY/Carson-California-90745/COBY-COBY-Consumer-Returns-Unable-to-contact-Coby-for-status-update-on-my-returned-table-1090089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COBY