rank

• Reported By: Jessica — Dayton Ohio
Colletti Motorsports
2835 Main St Moraine OH 45439 Moraine, Ohio USA

Colletti Motorsports Sold defecting product Moraine Ohio

*Author of original report: pics

*Author of original report: My mechanic did not do a pre inspection

*Author of original report: I didn't take it to my trusted mechanic

*Consumer Comment: In my opinion...

I bought a 2004 Honda from Colletti Motorsports.  They sell cars and do automotive repair there.  After two days of having my car, it breaks down.  I call my boyfriend and tell him the car has broken down and I am going to have it towed to the mechanic I have trusted for over 10 years.  My boyfriend asks me if I trust Colletti Motorsports.  I said yes, I believe they are trustworthy  (my father and I picked out the car, but my boyfriend wasn't with us).  My boyfriend says to have it towed to Colletti Motorsports and have them fix it.  He said they should feel bad and give a substantial discount.  I say that is a great idea.

So I get the car to Colletti Motorsports and they apologize and say it is just a coincidence and this has never happened before.  They say they will take care of the car but they can't do it for free.  I said ok, I understand.

3 days later I get the car back and the bill is just over $1100.00.  The alternator and fuel pump were bad.  I had paid $5500.00 for the car and that was my budget so it was shocking to see an $1100.00 bill.  I was expecting $500.00 or less.  They gave me what amounted to a 3% discount.  It would have been cheaper to take it to my own mechanic.

I said they should feel bad for selling me a car that breaks down in two days and they should pay for the labor and I should only pay for the parts.  They said they could not do that.  I said they could not have sold this car for $6600.00.  They would have had to fix the parts and sell it for probably $6100.00.  They didn't budge and did not care.

In hindsight, I am sure they knew they were selling me a bad car.  They knew the parts were bad and hoped the buyer would not catch on, which unfortunately I didn't.

This place is nothing but a scam job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2014 02:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colletti-Motorsports/Moraine-Ohio-45439/Colletti-Motorsports-Sold-defecting-product-Moraine-Ohio-1136673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colletti Motorsports

pics

pic

My mechanic did not do a pre inspection

AUTHOR: Jessica - ()

My mechanic did not do a pre-inspection. I see now I should have done that though. My father was with me and looked over the car initally. I trusted his judgment. He is not a mechanic but knows about cars. I guess he missed that or the problems were covered up well enough not to be noticed. Which I suspect the latter.

I didn't take it to my trusted mechanic

AUTHOR: Jessica - ()

I may have not explained myself fully, but I was originally going to take it to my trusted mechanic but didn't because I thought Colletti Motorsports would fix it for free or at a substantial discount. Which they didn't.

In my opinion...

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Your displeasure should be directed toward your trusted mechanic that missed the problems during the pre-purchase inspection.